1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Jun 21, 2015.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

To all of you who are fathers, and those who are not but may be uncles or brothers or have friends who are like fathers or brothers.

We may not remember our own fathers as being perfect, but those who are now fathers themselves know
    how hard a job that is.

I never remember my father ever hugging me, and he often put me down in front of his friends when I was a boy and teenager. I never knew why. But one of his brothers said my father loved me and my older brother and sister, and I believe he did. I remember the good times and forgive him for the others.

I hope you can remember the good times from your father and forgive him for the others.

2. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Oddly enough, this weekend I ended up going to a place where my father did part of his training. I found myself there purely by accident (really). I had not been there before, he passed many years ago. It was strange but soothing to know he spent years in the halls and rooms of the place. I was not in a great frame of mind when I arrived there but this somehow connected me to him in a new way for father's day. I feel closer to him today because of it. Funny thing how life works.

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx you Walt