1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Emotions and TMS Attack

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jilly, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Today I had a surprise bon voyage party and boy, was I surprised ! I was so overwhelmed with happiness, sadness, gifts, flowers, cards...huge crowd. It was amazing, but I felt the tightness in my low back coming in.

I was fine and composed and then I would tear up and cry. I could not stop the water works. So torn up inside...I don't really want to leave this area or the people behind...I have such good friends here that truly love me.

So in writing this I discovered, it wasn't the happiness of the party and the expressions of love that flared the TMS, it is the sadness of leaving. While at the party I was trying to understand why this happy event would make me cry and hurt..it's the sad part of leaving that is upsetting.

So when I went out to the car...I did my Dr. Sarno reminders and I really felt things ease up. I got home and opened the car and the large balloon they gave me flew away. I felt like that little kid you see, crying because her balloon flew away. I watched and watched as it ascended higher and further away. It was sort of symbolic to watch in terms of my pending departure.

These emotions really do pack a wallop... and it's good to know how to feel them and release them.

Glad to know that even though I am moving away from all that I know and love, I still have my Wiki family ... Love you guys

Lala, eric watson and veronica73 like this.
  2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi and it's great you had this realization. I do believe a life change does cause a level of stress and can thus cause physical reactions ! There is nothing wrong with crying. :) It's a good release I think.

Best wishes in your new endeavors!!

Jilly likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

this is awesome jilly shows how the battle even at levels we can defeat still have such a powerful wallop
    and the acceptance is second to none -you know what you have to do and your doing it-