1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 30 Happy again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ollie, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ollie

ollie New Member

In my journey to become pain free, I have learned that I need to take time for myself to do things I enjoy and as a result it has helped pain to lessen and I am also happier. I am learning that I should not expect perfection from myself. I tend to put too much on my plate every day and then am disappointed when I cannot accomplish it all. I did not even realize my perfectionist tendencies even though through the years my family told me numerous times. I always denied it but this program along with reading TMS centered books, the Structured Ed. program, and journal keeping has helped me to see it and how it has contributed to my pain. I have now made it a point to do something I enjoy every day instead of working hard all day long every day.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ollie. I am so glad to hear this. You are feeling the good results of modifying your perfectionism and taking time to enjoy yourself.
    I'm sure your loved ones will appreciate it.
    You are no longer in denial about your perfectionism. Keep in mind the closing (hilarious) words of Joe E. Brown to Jack Lemmon in
    "Some Like It Hot": "Nobody's perfect!"

It's a wonderful comedy to watch again and again, for rental on DVD from Netflix.

I am under a lot of work pressure from my book publisher boss, but am finding time to have fun writing a new novel.
    It is a hoot! It takes my mind off everything bothering me. They are mainly financial worries, but hey, I've been a
    self-employed freelance writer for more than 40 years and am used to living on the edge each month. I do not compare
    my worries in any degree with those unfortunate people in Nepal.

Have a great day!

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ollie,
    How wonderful that you are learning this about yourself, your TMS personality and perfectionistic tendencies. Good luck making that goal of at least one thing you enjoy per day. Pleasure is becoming more and more important to me, and "how sweet it is!"
    Andy B.

4. ollie

ollie New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply and encourage me.

5. ollie

ollie New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for your encouraging words.