1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Hanging in There

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jrid32, Jan 9, 2016.

1. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

Today was day 25 of the SEProgram for me and I am growing me optimist by day (even though the pain is still there). I have noticed, which I know is a good thing, that my TMS symptoms are increasing and moving i.e. pain is still in the normal spots but my acid reflux and dandruff are flaring. Also I decided to increase my activity levels at the gym to prove to myself (and my subconscious mind) that my pain is indeed emotional NOT physical. After running on the treadmill at an increased rate, I noticed a drastic decrease in my pain levels, but the pain returned about 10 minutes after the workout...this is more proof that I needed!

Recently I started Steve O's book, which is very insightful and I believe will help me turn the corner because I still have some doubts about TMS (probably 90% bought-in). I find that doubt can be so frustrating because my conscious mind wants to buy-in 100% but my subconscious mind if fighting back!!! My strategy is to fight back and continue to pursue this process with added intensity (like Steve O describes in his book)!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jrid. I healed from severe back pain through discovering repressed emotions going back to my boyhood, but I withheld about 10 percent belief that the pain was structural. When I began telling myself the pain was 100 percent emotional, the back pain went away. So TMS worked for me, and I'm 85.
    It will work for you. Steve O's book is wonderful and a terrific example of TMS healing.