1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Handwriting Analysis Gift - A view of your subconscious mind

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Dear Lianne, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dear Lianne

Dear Lianne Peer Supporter

Hi all,

I've not posted here for a while and thought I would offer a free handwriting analysis to anyone who wants to better understand their subconscious issues that may be contributing to their TMS back pain and/or other bodily pains due to mind-body syndrome. Sometimes, we simply don't know what is truly below the surface because it has been repressed. With handwriting analysis, I can literally "see" your personality characteristics and describe for you your individual personality and perhaps some issues that are repressed. While this is not a total cure, it is the new "awareness" and insight about yourself that helps to set you free.

I created this website for TMS colleagues. I am a TMS sufferer myself, so I understand the pain and the fear of being in more pain if I were to move a certain way. I have a background in counseling in addition to the certification in handwriting analysis. I am not a replacement for counseling from a qualified therapist, but with my reading, you can gain some quick insights to help you to understand what may be contributing to your pain. Some of my clients have brought my handwriting analysis reading to their therapist and have saved much time in their therapy.

Go to www.DearLianne.com for a free consultation reading. I only ask that you consider giving a small donation to defray the costs of my running the website and offering my time and expertise, but even then, I do not require a donation.

I am offering this as a holiday gift to my TMS wiki friends who would like a few more answers about what the sub-conscious mind is hiding. Look at my blog for some other TMS clients who have consulted with me. I keep your name confidential and change your name in order to help preserve confidentiality.

Hope I can be of help to you. God bless.

Sincerely,

Lianne

2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

What an intriguing idea ...

I avoid handwriting whenever possible. Signatures on those credit machines get my first letter and a wavy line, and it accepts it fine. Then there is the pain involved with handwriting. Following that, typing is much faster way to express myself. By the time I get a few words 'written out', my thoughts have gotten so tangled in the process of making the letters, that I forget what I was trying to say.

Still, this could be something to look into. It is a generous offer, and for that, thank you.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

3. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hi Lianne,

I'm sorry to say I'm really put off by your post.

I'm all for more awareness and insight. In fact I strongly believe that sometimes to gain such insight or awareness, and make more progress, you need to step outside of your comfort zone, see things from a different perspective. Perhaps you can find this alternative perspective in handwriting analysis. I actually have no objection to that statement whatsoever. But I do object to how you structured and phrased the rest of this post.

I really don't know if it was intentional or not (I'd like to think it's not) but I found your post to be a sales pitch, with aspects of (but not completely) a generous offer. The first paragraph, content-wise, is ok but the way you word your handwriting analysis services really sounds like you're selling something.

What really upset me, though, was your request for a donation. Even if it's voluntary, the whole point of offering a free analysis as a holiday gift is that it's free. Asking for a donation -- whether that's optional or not -- in a post that is titled Handwriting Analysis Gift just doesn't feel right to me at all.

Bottom line: I do agree with Lily that handwriting analysis is an intriguing idea. From what I know about it, it's an interesting field. That's not my objection. My objection to this is the way it was written and the way these services were offered.

Becca

4. Dear Lianne

Hi Becca,

My intentions are sincere. I apologize for how I may have come across. I felt in the holiday spirit and wished to help someone in pain. I can see how my writing about the donation was received as being self-promoting. Becca, making money was not my intent in offering my expertise. I hope others on this site understand my sincere desire to educate you about how handwriting analysis can reveal one's true inner self. I am passionate about this science and therefore, hope to educate others about how this tool can help one on the pathway to healing.

When I first had learned about TMS, I wanted to shout from the rooftops about my discovery. I believe this is a common reaction in that many of us get so excited to know what the diagnosis is, and that there is a solution for healing. With handwriting analysis, I want to do the same thing - I.e., express the gift of knowledge that I've gained. Most people do not even know what handwriting analysis is - so perhaps I am perceived as being over zealous in promoting my services, when my true intention is to help those who wish to understand more about their inner selves through a rather unique and therefore unknown expertise.

Your point is well taken, Becca. I apologize to you and any others on this forum who may have felt the same.

In my heart I know that I truly was hoping to give.

Sincerely,

Lianne

5. Dear Lianne

Hi Lily Rose,

You have a pretty name! I too find the electronic signature machines challenging! I don't like them because my signature looks nothing like the real deal. I am so sorry that even handwriting is so terribly painful for you. Your TMS is manifesting in your hands, I presume. If you wish to do an exercise that will help you calm down and reduce pain perhaps you might try drawing figure eights in a line across the paper, connecting one 8 to the next- this is used as an exercise to help persons feel more calm. It is used for grapho- therapy sessions (a subset of handwriting analysis) as one form of therapy for children having developmental delays. You can find a few examples of this on the YouTube - I currently forget the name of the practitioner, but he shows his work with children on YouTube. I believe he is outside the US

I hope that you find healing solutions here on this website. Let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you.

Thanks for your comments.

6. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hi Lianne,

Thank you for your wonderful reply. Anyone can get a little over-zealous sometimes (I know I can). There's not too much harm in that, I think, unless we don't ever realize it or its impact, or deny we are doing it at all. I do wonder if your enthusiasm for handwriting analysis, and the insight it can provide, is lost sometimes when there's a strong emphasis on you or your website, as I have seen in a couple past posts. I really appreciate your offer for a free analysis, and think that is a wonderful and generous offer. I think I partially reacted so strongly to that post because it, like past posts, had a stronger emphasis on you than on handwriting analysis itself.

But let's let that be in the past. Speaking from personal experience, I know that sometimes being over-zealous can result in miscommunicating, obscuring, or changing the appearance of one's true intentions. Reading your reflective, sincere response here (and having read a number of your genuine and supportive posts on the forum) I believe your intention is to help, not to self-promote.

Again, thank you so much for your reply. I was worried that by writing my response, this thread could end up more destructive than constructive (hopefully this message won't change that). I think open dialogue about this sort of thing is productive, as long as the intention is not to harm the other. I hope you know that none of that is/was my intention here! I am very glad you are here and are so willing to share your experience as a professional handwriting analyst, and as a peer, with us.

Have a lovely weekend,
    Becca

yb44, Ellen and Lily Rose like this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dear Liane.
    All is forgiven and we love you.
    My brother had a beautiful handwriting. So did my mother and she never went to high school.
    She was Austrian and learned to write in English when she came here as a little girl.

My handwriting is awful. I pratically scribble. I'm a former newspaper reporter and had to take notes fast,
    so they're like a doctor's written prescription. Only I can read my handwriting.

But I'm also in a hurry to write things down.

What do you think of the trend in schools today not to teach cursive writing?
    My niece prints her letters to me, and she's a Baby Boomer who is now a grandmother!

8. Dear Lianne

Hi Becca,

I appreciate your response above. I think this post I made has been a new learning experience for me, too. I am happy to move forward and feel more understood for my true intentions, now that we both have clarified our feelings about the matter and are willing to move on. It is hard to be involved with social media from the point of view that we do not receive the ordinary visual cues that we'd normally receive if we were to discuss topics in person. I am not blaming social media because it is a fabulous way for us and others to connect in ways that we never could have in our past. As human beings we often rely on visual cues to know when we've said something that is off-putting - at least I know that I do. I thank you for bringing this to my attention because I am sure that I would have had no idea that I'd made a not-so-positive impression.

I was able to help one person from this website with my handwriting analysis, so that felt good to do because that was my goal - to assist at least one person in helping them to know more about themselves so that they could hone in on the main subconscious issue that is causing their TMS. I think that's what we are all here trying to do in the healing process. Like Dr. Sarno writes in his books and says in his lectures, it is the "awareness" that begins the process for healing oneself from pain. Frankly, I wish that I healed immediately from back pain when I read his book, but of course, then I would not have met many of you on this site. I truly believe there is a higher reason for all, even if we do not understand the reasons at the time. I am sure you and others might feel the same. It is human to question why we must suffer so. Then, I watch TV news and realize that my life is pretty wonderful!

Becca, I look forward to communicating with you and others here in the near future! Have a great holiday season.

Sincerely,

Lianne

Becca likes this.
  9. Dear Lianne

Hi Walt,

Thank you. I appreciate your forgiveness.

My mom was a former radio broadcast news reporter, so I know how FAST people move in that discipline! Every second is frenetic and the adrenaline is very high in a radio station, so I picture that that would be true for a newspaper reporter, too. As a result of growing up with a mom who was in this field, I am very investigative myself and sometimes spend hours going from CNN to FOX to MSNBC and to less known media news sources. I like to view both the conservative and liberal points of view so that I can come to my own conclusions (the ultimate truth is perhaps somewhere in the middle? Don't know, but I love to read local newspapers too. I guess you can say that I have the news bug in me as a result of my being so close to my mom. To this day, she will call me and my brothers to tell us of some local news story or to share the weather report - LOL! Do you do this for your family and friends? My family and I like this quality in her.

I think that it's sad that some schools are no longer teaching students how to handwrite. When one is writing long hand, there's much more going on…for instance, I read that by handwriting, one is accessing the neo-cortex of the brain and thus, is plugging into the creative brain. There are a few novelists and holistic writers who handwrite their books - Wayne Dyer is one of those authors who does this, from what I've read. Therefore, he is much more attuned to his creative, artistic brain when he is handwriting his books. When we type, we are accessing a different portion of the brain (I forget which part at the moment) that is more linear and logical. It makes me wonder, therefore, if writers could stop writer's block by simply handwriting what they're hoping to relay? That would be an interesting approach.

Also, I've read that in another generation, it may be that our youth will not be able to interpret what their grandparents hand wrote, or what our historical ancestors wrote. The US constitution would be like reading another language for our youth. It's quite an evolution.

One could argue that my expertise will become obsolete, and for that I am saddened, too. I truly believe that handwriting can reveal much to the author and others about their personality.

It may be that things could reverse, but it does not look that way right now. I love to type and I love the Internet so I am all for moving with the times. But I must admit that receiving a nice handwritten card is so special these days :)

Your niece's handwriting being all printed may be a reflection of a sign of the times. It could also mean that she has a drafting/mechanical/designer background training whereby she was trained to use block printing - many architects have lovely block printing. I can do less with print analysis, but I can see certain qualities even in the printed word. It also means that she is unlikely to share emotional feelings - intimate thoughts - however, she is likely to be a straightforward, perhaps bold person who wants you to know exactly what she is communicating in her letter! With printing, there is less room for misinterpretation.

Thanks for your comments and let me know if your niece has a background in the mechanical/design arts, or if she is good at that sort of discipline. At minimum, I would say that says it like it is by being up front about the facts in her communication style.

Have a great holiday season, Walt. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Lianne

10. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Just wanted to chime and and express my appreciation for how beautifully this potential conflict resolved.

Lianne, your comments on handwriting vs typing is very interesting. I too am a writer and usually write things out longhand initially. And ditto what Walt said. When I'm interviewing someone, my handwriting is often indecipherable to most. I've tried interviewing while tapping my notes into my computer but in addition to feeling like I'm erecting a wall (my lap top cover), it just doesn't feel right! (Though the convenience is great for when I'm piecing together the article.)

I also find it interesting that advocates of journalling usually say "WRITE!" not type.

PS Lianne, I'm enjoying your site. Very intriguing.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I think my journaling registers more inside me when I write it. I haven't tried typing it but will stick to writing.

12. Lily Rose

I concur with the resolution and the manner in which everything was handled. There was great openness here, and it enhanced my appreciation for all involved.

For me, handwriting is an immediate shut down. I find it stifling. Only by this medium can I flow. I may change fonts, but my best font is a Serif font (as opposed to Sans Serif). When my font is happy, my thoughts align and become a river of words. Often I am barely aware of what is flowing out until I read it. I tap into far more when I am freed from the labour of using one hand. I need both hands to navigate. In this method of writing, I am free to go deeply into the images within my mind, and free to give full expression to those images and concepts.

Am I linear and logical? Perhaps. But I am more than that, as well.

New studies are showing that defining left brain versus right brain are no longer accurate. It is too limiting to imagine our brains are locked into rigid areas of function. Nothing about our bodies fits into any 'rigid' mold. We are flexible and capable of compensating from various areas that can help us perform the tasks we wish to accomplish. Our bodies are organic, living expressions of Life. There is so much we cannot even comprehend yet. This journey of learning just keeps unveiling so many layers.

I will not be limited by definitions *smiles* Nor should anyone.

^_^

North Star likes this.
  13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Annie can't write, but she speaks to me with her eyes.

Here she is looking out out front window for Santa. annie at window 3.jpg

14. Lily Rose

Dogs can communicate quite well. I am eating an apple at this moment, and Lucy giving me the slightly-ears-back intense stare of Oh hey, remember me I sure would like to sample that and I think you can certainly spare a single slice of that crunchy bliss ... mhmm. She is starting to feel more comfortable so she is exerting some emotional pressure to see what our boundaries are. Bed is okay, begging is not, couch is okay, did I mention that begging is not? Kicking me while I'm on my laptop and flinging her head to husbands lap while he is on his laptop is another 'not okay' scenario.

I see Annie is a couch dog, too *smiles*

^_^

15. Becca

Becca Well known member

I am so, so glad to hear that. What a wonderful experience that must've been, to be able to help another by sharing your knowledge and expertise :happy:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if writer's block could be cured by handwriting instead of typing. The delete key, the undo function, and the arrow keys are all great tools...for editing, but not for getting the creative juices flowing. If I try to start writing something on a computer, I'll get stuck on three lines. There's such temptation to edit, edit, edit, I never get anything done! But writing longhand forces me to just write. I've found the tone of my writing, the voice, the style, is different when written longhand too. Once I've gotten started, then I can go type it up on a computer. I've been forcing myself to keep writing in my notebook, though. There's something more authentic about that process for me.

I also retain far more when I hand-write notes rather than type up notes for class. I think I've heard before that this is because the specific movements my hand creates to make certain letters is a way to reinforce whatever I'm hearing. Typing, on the other hand, is just pressing a series of plastic keys so it doesn't reinforce the material in that same way. Unfortunately I type far faster than I write, and my handwriting is just abysmal...so even if classroom material gets reinforced more when I handwrite, I lose about 15% of my notes because I can't write fast enough and I also can't read some of what I've written afterwards! So, I resort to typing up notes instead. Plus that makes for VERY easy access to material when writing essays and taking open-book exams :happy:

North Star likes this.
  16. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I believe I happen to be that one person that Lianne helped with her handwriting analysis long ago. I recall that what she uncovered was quite insightful and revealed aspects of my personality of which I was previously unaware. I might add too that the donation, which was quite modest in terms of the effort she expended, was purely voluntary on my part.

I do recollect, Becca, that it was much easier to learn and translate classical Greek when I wrote everything out long-hand in the Greek alphabet while quietly vocalizing the syllables under my breath, something that would be lost if I was using a Greek language processor on a computer. I think when you write words out long hand you engage the aural/oral language machine in your noggin and thereby create a much more vivid and immediate connection with the thought process as it unfolds. "Hearing yourself think". You have to remember that the Homeric epics weren't actually written down in script for over four hundred years, but were retained and passed on collectively by the Greek audience and a professional class of bards. Memory improves a great deal when there isn't any durable form of transmission. Likewise, the resonance of the sounds creates deep memories at the body level. That's why chanting is such a powerful meditation tool.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Forest and North Star like this.
  17. Dear Lianne

Hi Lily Rose,

I find your insights quite interesting, especially the last paragraph where you state that we are flexible and capable of compensating from various areas that can help us perform the tasks we wish to accomplish. I have read that persons who cannot use their hands for writing and who therefore adapt by using a pen between their teeth to write (or perhaps by using their foot) will, with time and mechanical practice, show in their writing the same personality characteristics shown earlier in their handwritten forms prior to the loss of hand coordination for writing. Isn't that amazing! Talk about compensating for the loss of one's hands for writing a note. Fortunately, the Internet and the voice software we currently have access to minimizes the need for that kind of accommodation, but it is fascinating to know how truly resistant we human beings can be. And yes, I understand why you would not want to categorize right brain/left brain activities. There is still so much that is unknown about the inner workings of our brains. Handwriting analysis is called 'brain writing' and that is why it is so accurate in describing details about one's character. It was a group of psychologists in France in the late 1800's who worked diligently to define all of the pen movements on paper as specific personality characteristics. So, it is an empirical science though it seems to have a certain magic to it, if you will. I am going by my training, mixed in with a little intuition at times - but I try to stay with what I've been trained to do. I find when I get off track is when I insert my own subjective beliefs into a reading, so that is why I try to remain as objective as possible.

I also like the Myers Briggs personality test. I think it is perhaps one of the best personality profiling tests available. However, my husband is very resistant to this test because he says he does not appreciate being categorized into a 'box'. He is correct in that these personality tests tend to box one into a particular category. He is my greatest fan for the handwriting analysis because one is not placed into a category but is looked at for specific, unique attributes in handwriting. In other words, if you're outgoing in certain conditions, but introverted in other situations, I will most likely see that in your handwriting sample. With personality tests, you are placed into the dominant category so a test interpreter might say you're an extrovert without seeing your introverted side.

Like you, I love to type and am sometimes in flow while I am typing. However, I love to handwrite as well. I can see why you would prefer to type and get into that flow. There is more resistance in handwriting with pen against paper and for some, that process is very frustrating. I suppose it would be like having to write with a fountain pen of the late 1800's - I would not enjoy using that type of pen. But, some pen enthusiasts will only write with a nice fountain pen!

Last, but not least, if my memory serves me correctly, Helen Keller hand wrote beautifully. I have to go look into that one but I do recall seeing that in one of my handwriting analysis books. If I find it, I'll see if I can post it here on this site. If I am accurate in recalling her writing, that is an amazing thing since she could not see or hear.

I like your input here, Lily Rose. It shows you were thinking about the limits of defining people by their left brain, right brain orientation. Interestingly enough, I cannot tell if someone is left or right handed when I am reviewing a handwriting sample - handedness does not change the interpretation.

Take care. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it helps us to step back and stop putting people into boxes :)

18. Dear Lianne

Fortunately, the Internet and the voice software we currently have access to minimizes the need for that kind of accommodation, but it is fascinating to know how truly resistant we human beings can be…

Oops! I wrote 'resistant' when I wanted to say 'resilient'. Hmmm… would my TMS colleagues concur that perhaps that was my sub-conscious mind taking over for a moment? :)

19. Dear Lianne

Dear Walt,
    I love your pic of Annie looking out the beautifully decorated window, waiting for Santa :) Yes, animals do communicate with their eyes. When I was a kid, we had pets and they definitely communicated effectively with their eyes. I had a dog named "Lassie" - she looked exactly like the Lassie on TV. She was incredibly smart and such a gentle soul. Animals can be healing, too. My mom's cat is a great friend to her. They have unique personalities, too. We have beautiful wildlife behind our home. Fox, deer, coyotes, turtles, - they are beautiful to watch, and we've become accustomed to them so that we've come to know their unique qualities (how they walk, for instance).

Anyway, thanks for sharing this photo - loved it!

20. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm glad you liked the photo of Annie. She loves looking out the window. We have about five inches on snow on the front lawn and
    across the street where there are woods, But I envy you having wildlife behind your home. I love deer and fox and we have coyotes so we
    have to watch our dogs, but I never leave Annie alone in the yard. We have woods nearby where there are coyotes.

God really blessed us with animals. I'm glad your mom's cat keeps her company.

I went to a Christmas party for horses and other animals some years ago. We put apples and other edibles on trees outside on a farm.