1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hair loss and TMS- Need help believing my symptoms are TMS!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by beachgirl, Oct 12, 2013.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Shanshu Vampyr,

Thanks for penning this response. I find your experience very insightful and a great reminder that our healing journeys are as unique as our fingerprint. I especially like your reference to 'the inner bully', who seems particularly invigorated by the 'all or nothing' mantra so common to tms recovery. It speaks too of Ellen's wisdom on the current neuroscience thread - this vs. that...

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/ed-shorter-is-neuroscience-valuable.2991/

Body~Mind. Two sides of the same coin, and as Candace Pert stated we may enter and instigate healing from either point. There's no need to beat ourselves up for honouring the body and entering the quantum field at this place.

2. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

Thanks everyone for responding. It really helps. The wiki does in general. I love all the posts, especially Forest and Eric Watson and Al Gordon, though they are all very good and how I appreciate all of your support and kindness. It is so comforting and helps and the posts above about visualization are also very helpful and comforting. I know how powerful visualization is and I can't hear about it and your support makes it all feel a little better somehow.

I am back in panic mode with my hair loss. There are times when I feel I got this thing licked and times when I really panic from the condition, from how I look, thinking it won't stop. It is so scary and upsetting at times. I am so sick of it and angry (at how I look) and feel like I won't make it through. I want it to stop. There are times I feel like I have the power and control to intervene and stop this thing and other times when I feel helpfulness and a victim to what is happening in my body and that applying TMS principals won't work for me with this condition - even if it is stress/TMS. I just wish it would stop. I want some peace and happiness again.

I am eating healthy for the first time ever for months now and taking my iron and iron foods, but I am so full of doubt that will work either. Even though the Dr said it was an iron deficieny and all stress, I feel like nothing matters and nothing is working. It's a down and scary day with this.

3. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Work on removing the doubt beachgirl! It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” Henry Ford

4. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

I have a shaved head!

My mom hates it!

Life is great!

*runs away*

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

SYMPTOMS ARE DISTRESSING BUT NOT DANGEROUS

ALAN’S COMMENT:  Before I learned the Recovery Method, I felt insecure and was plagued with an overactive imagination.  I felt a sense of danger when I had a panic attack.  My symptoms included racing thoughts and sweating.  At times, I questioned my stability.  I imagined the worst possible outcome when I looked into the future.  When I described my symptoms, I used temperamental language to inflame my emotions.     
    Then I learned that "symptoms are distressing but not dangerous."  Blushing and perspiration are anxiety symptoms that do not harm me.  Distressing sensations did not permanently damage me.  By embracing security, I learned to "take the danger out of my symptoms." Someone at a Recovery meeting said that no one ever died from a nervous symptom. This is probably true but the idea is sometimes forgotten when it is needed most. You can take the danger out of your symptoms by embracing security.  In using the tool, you are replacing thoughts of danger with thoughts of safety to control imagination.

This is the tool here ok- You can take the danger out of your symptoms by embracing security. 

Abraham Low- Self help for fear and anger

* This is one of the Tools- You can take the danger out of your symptoms by embracing security.

A common insecure feeling is that a recurring worry won’t end. The secure thought is that symptoms have a limited duration

Jamal said)- Distressing sensations did not permanently damage me. By embracing security, I learned to "take the danger out of my symptoms.

In using the tool, you are replacing thoughts of danger with thoughts of safety to control imagination.

Abraham Low- Self Help for Fear and Anger

Neil likes this.