1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

H Pylori - is it TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ikreim2, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ikreim2

ikreim2 Peer Supporter

Does anyone know if H Pylori is caused by TMS? My wife has been going through a lot stress and she recently tested positive for H Pylori in her stomach. I haven't seen many posts on this specific condition so just wanted to hear what people on the forum think of this. Thanks in advance!

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

H Pylori is a bacteria that most people on the planet have in their gut. It is not the cause of Ulcers, but to the Cartesian (not the Kardashian) allopaths, it is the new holy grail for the causation of the moderne ulcer.

Here's what the Good Doctor says about the H-P bacteria:

"...medical research is often at great pains to disprove psychogenic causation. A good example is the recent discovery that some people with peptic ulcers in the stomach harbor a bacterium, Helicobacter pylori. Doctors have concluded that this bacterium, rather then stress, is the cause of ulcers.

The truth is that the presence of the bacterium does not change the fact that emotional factors set the stage for the ulcer. I have had many patients who have moved from musculoskeletal pain to pre-ulcer symptoms and vice versa, with the emotional progenitors often clearly defined."

Page 44-45, THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, John E. Sarno, M.D.

4. ikreim2

ikreim2 Peer Supporter

@Tennis Tom, thanks so much for the response. So based on Sarno's description, are you implying that there's some grey area with this specific condition?

5. IrishSceptic

of course there can be stress related ulcers but not H/Pylori. this scientist ingested the specific bacteria strain because he had deduced it was responsible. Lo and behold he developed an ulcer and had the antidote for the specific bacteria...and the ulcer went away.
    This is Nobel Prize winning medicine and proven beyond any doubt

6. Tennis Tom

No grey--it's black and white. I make no implications, I'm not a medical doctor, just a tennis player. I'm just regurgitating what Dr. Sarno has written. Since this is the TMS Wiki, "in honor of Dr. Sarno", I BELIEVE he is right! Ulcers, as uncovered in the last millennium, were found to be psychosomatic caused by stress. Ulcers went out of vogue because peeps didn't want to be viewed as "mental". So, now we have the "epidemic" of TMS/PSYCHOSOMATIC symptoms from backs to butts. From my readings of the TMS literature, I agree with Dr. Sarno, that the HP bacteria is NOT the cause of TMS/ulcers. A lot of people are getting awards for quack science like Al Gore for the hoax of global warming he is helping perpetuate for monetary gain by trading in "credits"--be careful going out today, the sky is also falling.

Do your own research and decide what you believe, you often have to read below the google fold to get all sides of the story and come to an educated conclusion.

tt/lsmft

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

It's TMS. I have some research on it and hope to post it here soon.

8. Mark W

Mark W Peer Supporter

I'm more inclined to think that TMS sets the stage for H. pylori to take root. Small ulcer forms as a result of TMS, and H. pylori is best able to exploit the ulcer and thrive there, making the ulcer larger.

9. IrishSceptic

Im sorry I don't agree in this instance, the experiment was pretty conclusive

Boston Redsox likes this.
  10. Mark W

Mark W Peer Supporter

The one where the scientist drank some H. pylori and got an ulcer? It could be that by adding more H. pylori to his stomach there were enough H. pylori that they could outcompete the other bacteria and attack a small ulcer.

I think its like with C. difficile, we all have it in our gut, and if antibiotics are given they can kill off the other bacteria that keep C. diff suppressed, which allows the C. diff to take over and cause pseudomembranous colitis.

I just wonder why if everyone has H. pylori in their gut, why dont we all have ulcers? I think favorable conditions have to arise for the H pylori to flourish and create bad ulcers, and TMS just might do it.

Ever since I experienced the reality of TMS, I take a skeptical approach to a lot of science and medicine. I don't reject anything outright, but I consider the possibility that it may not be correct.

11. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Irish

Is correct its a real thing.... Guys not everything is tms most thing yes... I have never read anywhere where stress causes a bacterial infection

IrishSceptic likes this.
  12. Mark W

Mark W Peer Supporter

I agree that stress doesn't cause the bacterial infection, I meant that TMS may create conditions in the gut that H. pylori is able to exploit and thus create ulcers.

It is well known that stress weakens the immune system, making a person more vulnerable to infections of all kinds. Maybe a weakened immune system from TMS could allow H. pylori to flourish and wreak havoc on the stomach.

Either way, once you have an ulcer with H. pylori, it needs to be treated. Then by getting a hold on your TMS you may prevent a recurrence of the ulcer.

I used to get at least two sinus infections per year, and since I treated my TMS 11 months ago I haven't had one, and my frequent nasal congestion is down 80%. I have to believe dealing with my TMS has strengthened my immune system, but time will tell. :)

13. Boston Redsox

I guess that is a good point and could make the gut and unhealthy environment for the bacteria to grow i stand corrected

14. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

It's like most illness. We all have dormant cancer cells too, if our immune system is weakened by stress these can be activated.

15. Boston Redsox

Going threw a raynauds issue this week on both feet both toes next to big toes have blown up like balloons very painful to go along with painful feet to begin with.

My awful wife as come home after taking off for a month because she did not want to be around granted i blame this inner rage for the flare but i also read beta blockers do cause this issue.

16. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Inflammation seems to be common as a TMS symptom. More and more people are experiencing it.

They say meds may well be a side effect, but could be yet another symptom of TMS. The only way you will find out is to get off those meds.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  17. Boston Redsox

The problem is that once i start to get off my blood pressure / anxiety med it goes to dangerous levels i pass out. I am on half the dose prescribed to keep just above high normal 135/85

190/110

18. Tennis Tom

It's so obvious from 3,000 miles away that your symptoms are due to the TMS stress created by the tensions in your home environment. I was going to ask when you were going to bug out of your hostile home situation, but it sounds like your wife already did--she said "uncle" or "aunt" first. You do have free will, when are you going to change your life situation that is causing your TMS symptoms and the need to take meds for them?

19. Boston Redsox

Agreed TT today i actually told her we need to talk about who is moving out. And your right i will never start true healing until i am out of this toxic place thx TT.... I am still going to call

Tennis Tom likes this.