1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Gut bacteria

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! I'm speechless....

Start taking probiotics????

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I just watched the gut bacteria video and am glad to know the microbes are friendly and helping us.
    I'll just let them alone to do their things.

4. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Very interesting article. I have done a lot of different diets to heal and some time ago I came across a very interesting book called "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston Price. The author was a very talented dentist that went beyond the standard dental procedures and realized that nutrition is a vital part of oral hygiene and wealth in general. In 1930 he made a world wide trip to analyze the last primitive groups on the earth. You can read his book online.
    http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html
    His important findings are that these groups were not influenced by modern food: Processed carbs and that everything they used and ate was locally made by them.
    The healthiest groups were the Eskimos and the Masai from West Africa and they mostly ate moderate meat, lost of fats and low carbs. He also realized that they had a huge sense of community, they were very peaceful, happy and every phase of child bearing was characterized by rituals and different foods.
    The question is was it only the food or a mixture of life style that made them so healthy? They had great body structures, almost no teeth decay, great hips and waist, round faces etc. and little stress. As soon as they came in contact with modernity they degenerated.
    Back to your question Ellen, I don't think we need probiotics to be healthy. After so many diets I believe in moderation, avoidance of processed food and mostly good emotional health.
    Leonor

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with you, Leonor. Too many diets and what to eat and what to avoid. I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, fish twice a week, and baked or boiled chicken, and avoid meat and processed foods. I watch my starches, sweets, cakes, etc. The other stuff once in a while in moderation.