1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Gum Abscesses! TMS???

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kittyruns, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

TMS manifests in my teeth, jaw, neck and occasionally the side of my face. In April, I developed a very sore blister above a tooth that often gives me fits. The blister was an abscess and my dentist gave me antibiotics. We discussed pulling the tooth (since it was an old root canal that looks like it had fractured) and set up an appointment to take the tooth out. He was the same dentist that fit me for my partial denture after I had the dreaded dental implants removed. The partial replaces three of my bottom molars that are gone due to tooth grinding, root canals and failed dental implants. The partial works great and is easy to keep clean.

When the time came for the appointment, the dentist office called and said that my dentist had to go home because he wasn't feeling well! I took this kind of as a sign that I maybe shouldn't have the tooth pulled so I let it go.

Now, another abscess above the same tooth. I recently went through a super stressful and anxiety ridden time. Has anyone on this forum ever had issues with infections like this? I don't mean to be gross but it's basically like a giant, sore pimple inside your mouth on your gum.

Any comments would be very welcomed!
    Thanks so much!

2. johnreaper

johnreaper Newcomer

Eeww, that's really nasty, but it's okay, human body sometimes does strange things. In general, you should apply some endodontics and you will make it till the dentist will remove that. Hope now they use drugs or gas or whatever to remove that painful feeling when they performing a procedure as last time, when i was a kid ( pretty long ago tho ) it was hell of pain.

3. Marls

Marls Well known member

It’s a long shot but look up (coconut) oil pulling, then clean teeth gently with bicarbonate Soda then after rinsing with water swish 3% hydrogen peroxide which I think is mixed 1 part hp to 2 parts water. A quick swish around sore spot and gums, then spit out. Check it on internet. Not exactly TMS stuff but an abscess isn’t much fun.