1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 (GT) Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by georgethee, Jun 28, 2017.

1. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Day 3. I exercise throughout the year and I take a break at the end of each year (DEC16). I wanted to pick it up in the beginning of the new year. Then at the start of JAN 17 it got this neck/trap pain as described in Day 1. I couldn't’t move my neck and traps without pain and didn't’t feel that workout would be a good idea. Rest was my own suggestion.

After the week I started physical therapy in FEB17. I felt slightly better and tried to hit the gym and do some low impact exercises and things PT showed me. I noticed that additional pain/cramps/burns did effect different parts of my left trap and schoulderblade. I stopped exercises and just went to PT.

It was in APRIL 17 that I got introduced to the 20/20 documentary and the book ‘Healing Back Pain’. After reading the book almost all additional pains just vanished. Still was stuck with localized irritation in the left trap/neck but at that point I knew the book was helping and I took Sarno’s advice. I stopped PT and I jump back into workout mode. I started working out in MAY16 and it felt great. Every workout was more vigorous and I was left with almost no pain. (expect left trap/neck). At the end if MAY16 I picked up running and noticed after every run that the left trap/neck pain would vanish for hours.

I am still working out but I have this lingering pain in my left trap/neck that bothers me throughout the day. I truely feel the urge to see a doctor to verify thats it really nothing other then muscle tension.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again. It's good you are working out and feeling better because of exercise. The rest of your pain will go away if you keep discovering why you are unhappy and angry. Exercise can help, but it's learning the emotions that are causing our discomfort that will totally heal you.