1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Grieving the lost years

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MariaK, Jul 15, 2022.

1. MariaK

MariaK New Member

Hi All,

I don't use this site much, partly because I take on other people's symptoms when I read about them on here. So, I have to keep my use to a minimum. I have had CFS and other symptoms for almost 30 years, but realized about 5 years ago that it's TMS. I have been getting better slowly-meaning slowly regaining the ability to function. And I feel I'm truly turning a corner-finally-in that I'm functioning more normally, more often. But I am grieving the lost years of my life. My life pretty much stopped 30 years ago, as being sick affected my ability to work much and socialize. And, as is common with many of us, family and friends pulled back and weren't supportive.

I'm not intentionally focusing on the lost years. But the grief is just there from time to time, as is normal for missing out on decades of your life.

What I am mostly looking for are any people who actually talk or zoom directly (gasp, I know, who does that nowadays) to support each other. Especially anyone who is relating to what I'm saying.

So, I'd love to get a PM from anyone who would like to connect from time to time, who is in a similar phase of their healing journey. Or if you live in New England, possibly even meet.

I'm enjoying this feeling of a new chapter beginning, finally! And of regaining the person I left behind so long ago.

MariaK