1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

grief

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by heleng, Dec 9, 2014.

1. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Hi everyone

I just wanted to share something with you all. Sadly my very old cat died yesterday. I was so upset and went to bed feeling so distressed. I woke up this morning and cried for a long time. I noticed last night and this morning my usual pain from piriformis was not there at all and after a long cry I felt very comfortable. The pain has returned but is slight. In amongst all the sadness I could see that TMS wasn't there as I had no need of distraction as my emotions were free and not repressed but felt and dealt with.

Being aware of this hasn't exactly helped today but it was interesting.

Just thought I would share this

Helen

yvettemariabetancourt likes this.
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry to hear about your beloved pet. Although he might have reached an old age, it is still a hard to take when it finally happens.
    In a way his death may have helped you by breaking a dam that held back a lot of other tears too that needed to come out... I once cried for an hour straight because of the death of someone I barely knew, in hindsight there must have been a lot of other emotions that also surfaced when the sluices finally opened.
    And in the long run this experience may help you as you now have more proof of the power that emotions have on our well being.

take care

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Helen, I cried like a baby after having my vet put my beloved dog Max to sleep (after 16 and a half years).
    The long cry helped me to grieve over his loss.

Gigalos is right that the cry you had may also have relieved hidden emotions.

Crying is healthy.

I hope you get another cat soon, and pour all your love from the one that passed
    into the new one. That's what I've done when I lost a dog. I don't forget it,
    I just help another dog to have a wonderful life, and we have it together.

With my present dog Annie, who is 13 now, I pretend Max is inside her,
    and so is my dog Chelsea before Max. They're all three in one dog,
    but Annie is her own dog herself. I adore her, as I did the others.

yvettemariabetancourt likes this.