1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Great article on feeling feelings

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Oct 30, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I love this article from the Harvard Business Review: http://blogs.hbr.org/bregman/2012/10/can-you-admit-what-youre-feeli.html

Two of my favorite lines from it:

Anna1, Sienna and spiralgirl1 like this.
  2. spiralgirl1

spiralgirl1 Peer Supporter

That is good Veronica.. this is something I am trying to get more in touch with.. not seeing emotions as so 'black and white' and entering the complexity of them..
    thanks for posting.. :)

Sienna likes this.
  3. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

Thanks for posting this, Veronica! I saved it to my favorites and plan to read it over and over again. :)

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

Nice article.

Yes, Sandy blew through NJ Monday night with winds fiercer than I've ever seen. OUr power went out at 9pm Monday and has not come back on yet. Today a friend came home from a trip and they have power, so that's where I'm planted for this night (gratitude).
    Hoping power is restored soon.
    Yet, I am finally able to see online today the damage the storm has done, and my power outage is nothing in comparison to those who lost homes due to floodwaters.

Hugs,
    Lori

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hopefully you will get power back soon, Lori. The storm in Boston was pretty intense, but nothing like it was in New Jersey.

It was really amazing to see an article like this written in the Harvard Business Review. One of my favorite lines is
    I don't think, as TMSers, we tend to understand this aspect of emotions and feelings. We are either sad or happy. We don't let ourselves feel both feelings at the same time. Most of this is because of our TMS personality, and the idea that having any trace of joy in the aftermath of a hurrican is completely unacceptable, so we push down.

I truly believe that a lot of progress can be made simply by allowing ourselves to feel multiple emotions as the same time.

Thanks for posting this. It was a great read.

Sienna and spiralgirl1 like this.