1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Gratitude

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Always nearing the end of November we start to hear a lot about gratitude. Gratitude is more than just being grateful for having seen another day . Gratitude will actually reach out from a persons heart and touch you. The good, positive, thankful love from self and others will be in there character.

Gratitude is about knowing how to find good emotions and sharing them with life and thus others. When we are thankful and just plain smiley faced over our loved ones, family and life in general we give away a happiness that is generated inside our being. We call this Gratitude.

Every person has a personality, attitude and mentality that has to be controlled through thankfulness and simplicity of heart. We learn to cast down arguments and rationalizations, and every high thing that tries to exalt itself above our inner self, the all knowing self.

If we think were owed something and focus on wrongs others have done to us then we will never be able to experience one of our most powerful emotions, Gratitude. Although if you imagine the day full of hope and blessings and actually feel it in your heart and hear the sounds of life all around you- then your thoughts will change and you can enter into Gratitude and peace.

Enter into peace and hope, pick a memory that you have always been grateful for- conjure up the emotions of that memory through imagination and hold your focus for at least 5 minutes reminding yourself how life is so precious and., there’s not a minute to take for granted cause that minute itself is a gift.
    Mindfulness is often an excellent way to enter into the emotion of Gratitude. Remember how you walk your journey is far more important than reaching the destination.

Stop letting thoughts control your day by letting go of any complaints that you might be mentioning to yourself over and over, become aware of the complaints you might have against yourself and rise above those negative thoughts letting go allowing freedom of mind to take control.

Stop the judgments against yourself and stop finding reasons to be upset with yourself. You’ll always feel less than if you keep forgetting Grace. Grace is total freedom of the mind to control as you please. We’ve been blessed with this Power Tool and we need use it wisely.

Jerry Stiller’s dad said that he was feeling fine at the age of 102 cause he didn’t worry or we could say he stayed in gratitude most his life and he learned a secret, anyhow you slice it the beauty is you’re the one with the control button. You can do anything and beat any situation you ever face. With gratitude you will have the energy and mind power to take on any task and this is a free gift given to us to enjoy. Lets enjoy this Gratitude and be thankful. Now we have the keys to creating our future, what more happiness can that bring a heart with hope.

Smile more this week and do it on purpose, a week’s smile will last for months. Mean every thought you have, feel it- mean it with your whole being and become whole again, in balance – back in control of your destiny and enjoy the ride. Were capable now, let’s rest in this gratitude.Cherish each and every day of your life. Its very beneficial to be happy cause you finally know your able too without any burenable thoughts allowed.
    Gratitude is rooted in joy, and thankfulness. This holiday season do it cause you've earned it. Be kind to yourself without fault and you"ll experience a heart full of Gratitude

Simplicity and PKat like this.
  2. nancy

nancy Well known member

A most wonderful contribution for the holidays, gratitude! I am sorry for
    many things that have taken place in my life and my sons lives, you made this
    upcoming holiday a lot brighter. I truly thank you Erik, you're a very true person
    as I call it. Hope your Thanksgiving is warm and you're surrounded by people
    that you love and love you, God Bless, Nancy

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you so much Nancy
    You have lifted my heart this morning upon arising from sleep.
    I see a most beautiful post letting me know my thread,
    my thoughts has helped in a meaningful way. This is gratitude at its finest.
    Being happy on purpose and a smile forms from the heart.
    Bless you Nancy and happy holidays to you.

4. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Wonderful post Eric!! I've missed being on the forum. I was on 7 day personal retreat. It was a challenging time because I had to deal so much with the inner distractions of a whining mind. But my back did great considering all the sitting I did. I just kept thinking psychological not physical and it helped in many ways.
    This line: Every person has a personality, attitude and mentality that has to be controlled through thankfulness and simplicity of heart. We learn to cast down arguments and rationalizations, and every high thing that tries to exalt itself above our inner self, the all knowing self.
    is so true. Gratitude is the quickest way for me to reach my higher power. Simplicity of heart - that is the way to the truth. Thank you for all you do for us on this forum!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie, thanks for the gratitude post. You've reminded me of my need to be more grateful for so many people and my dogs over the years and many things. I'm grateful today because while I am on the computer a dear friend is making me a big pot of her special homemade chicken vegetable noodle soup. She's making enough for dinner and to freeze for several more dinners. She cleaned my house yesterday and I was grateful for that, besides paying her. She's having a rough time with a husband who needs psychiatric help and also wants to begin divorce proceedings. I'm going to talk to social workers in her suburb and see what help they can give her.

And of course I'm grateful for Annie. She's taking a nap while I work.

6. nowtimecoach

I just heard a great exercise for gratitude. Find something grateful for each letter of the alphabet. It sounded hard to do at first, but after trying it - its amazingly easy. I have done it when I lay down and find myself with busy brain. The next thing I know, I'm feeling happy because of so many things I take for granted and have been noted in my alphabet gratitude!

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love this thought nowtimecoach, im going to try this before the holidays, thanks so much for letting me know
    Bless you

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you nowtimecoach- Your simply the best.

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Walt your a very good man for helping out like you do, im grateful for you and all my wiki friends and my little doggie that went to heaven two nights ago. Shes missed but her memories live on in gratitude.:)

10. nowtimecoach

Oh no Eric! You lost your pup two nights ago? I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences!!

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks nowtimecoach,
    Shes OK now and I've accepted that we will both be OK so i really am grateful for her and the time ive got to spend with her. She was abandoned as a little pup and i took her in. She taught me how strong a little doggie can be in all circumstances and it showed too how strong i can be in all circumstances. I think she will be in doggie heaven now wagging her tail and barking at the postman if any mails being delivered.

So be happy nowtimecoach and be thankful for everyone youve got as i know you already do, its so important that we love all we can in the time we have so in the end we have no regrets ya know and with me and chewy- well we have no regrets- she told me with her eyes that alls well and not to take things so hard- look to the sky when i think of her and she will always be just within arms reach.

Bless you