1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

granuloma of lip: tms or not?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ajayddave, May 10, 2016.

1. ajayddave

ajayddave Peer Supporter

So I have had a granuloma of my lip for 3-4 months now and it does not seem to be going away. I'm not sure if it's TMS or not.

When I first got it it grew for a bit, and then started to shrink. After that it grew again and there have been too many ups and downs to count. So far nothing really serious has happened to me.

Originally this got diagnosed as a canter sore which I read on the wiki some people have had success curing with TMS approach. However, recently I got checked again and this was the diagnosis. Based off internet research it seems correct. They did not give any real treatment though. Just prevention in terms of antibiotics to prevent infection. Taking the general antibiotics for my whole body feels like an extreme form of prevention (plus I might get diarrhea). For now I am just putting local natural antiseptic or local medical antibiotic on the area.

So yea, I do not know. My sense is that this is in fact TMS-related. However, I feel a little concerned about possibility of infection - I was told since it involves the lip that there's a connection to the brain and there could be brain infection. That felt a little scary. However, I have had this for many months now without any issue.

My sense is it is TMS but I'm not 100% certain I guess. Hearing that someone else resolved a similar issue would be helpful for me.

Sidenote: I've cured myself of RSI and other issues so I know how the TMS cycle kind of looks like. The anxiety I've been feeling feels like TMS-anxiety and there are definitively some emotional triggers in my life these days.