1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Got rid of arm pain, but here I am all again...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Berit, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Berit

Berit Newcomer

Hi
    I first heard about TMS about a 9 months ago. At that time I had bad pain in my hands, wrists and elbows which was making it difficult for me to finish university and start working. So much in TMS seemed to be an exact description of me and realising that, I very quickly saw my pain get better and go away all together.
    I am now working, but in a job that I am not happy about at all. I am having stomach problems, doing a lot of procrastination and even have started to feel pain in my arms again.
    I am convinced that this is related to my current (bad) job situation, but what was so easy when getting rid of the pain in my arms seems to be really hard to do now. The first time around it seemed to be merely a question of accepting the psychological nature of the pain, but this time it is taking something more...
    I am thinking about starting journalling, but I am reluctant, since to me it seems to be another way of over-thinking and worrying about my problems - all of which I am doing way to much already. I fear that I will create/get more problems simply by focusing on them in the process of journaling.
    Another thing I realized is that I am focusing energy on getting my boyfriend "on board" in stead of taking up my own battle with TMS. He has different skin conditions, and knowing his personality, I am quite convinced that they are also TMS. He is supportive of me, and has accepted the idea of TMS, but doesn't seem to want/be able to fight his skin problems as merely being signs of something else.
    Should I just focus on myself, and not insist on helping my boyfriend? And more generally - how can you help some one close who you are convinced are experiencing TMS?
    Any and all thoughts would be much appreciated. I do not really have anyone other than my boyfriend to discuss these things with.
    - Berit

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Berit. I know what hating a job can do to a person. I was in one I hated so much that I began having the shakes from it.
    Also, I would work on healing yourself first. You've led your boyfriend to TMS knowledge. Now it's up to him to accept it. He has to believe that his emotions are causing his skin problems. Has he been checked medically? If there is nothing physically causing the skin issues, then they are psychological.