1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Goodist

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

This trait as put me in the situation I am in today....always taking care of everybody else and treating myself like a fruggin door mat for others.

It has set me up for for failure in my marriage even with my kids I let them shit all over me. That's not right. I feel I don't need to change being a good person, what I need to do is take care of me first. Know else is or will am I so wrong.

Like the old saying put oxygen mask on you first before you help others.

I need to start to confront my wife in a calm responsive manner , I will not get sucked into one of her traps and start reacting as foolish as she does. I need to take this stand and tell her to leave the house period.

She is looking for a hand out for the rest of her life and I told her to get a job.

Anyway enough sharing for this evening.

God bless

Markus and Lizzy like this.
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

Marco,
    Thanks for this honesty. Your aware of the issue and you'll address it. God Bless!

Lizzy likes this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Boston, Mark is right, honest assessment and awareness, you are finding the conflicts and in addressing them you will have more peace!

Markus likes this.