1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Good progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Jun 22, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hello TMS community,

Just wanted to drop a quick note of gratitude. The past 3 days have been awesome: I went to a wedding Saturday, was on my feet quite a bit, walked a bunch, and even danced! There was some pain, but nothing horrible and I wasn't in pain later on as a result of all that movement (this is hard evidence that it is NOT structural - if it were, all of that movement would've made the condition WORSE, i would have been in pain that night or the next day, I was not). Sunday I walked probably 3-4 miles throughout the day, and stood several times to watch bands play on Staten Island. Again, some pain, nothing excruciating, and was fine later that night, i.e., there was only pain while standing and walking, nothing lingering. Today I went to the beach, walked and swam, then did about 45 minutes of exercise videos which include a lot of fast aerobic movements, and all standing, and I was fine after.

Also, last night I had something of a breakthrough - after my journaling I took my MRI reports and I ripped them up and threw them in the garbage. I feel like having them was holding me back. I have studied them many times, they are clear in that there are no fractures or tumors, which are seemingly the only real structural issues possible, so why hold on to them? It felt very therapeutic to trash them, and symbolic. I believe I suffer from TMS and I am taking the necessary steps to treat it. Tomorrow I have an initial session with a psychotherapist, and although she is not a trained TMS doctor, I believe getting some professional help with my TMS triggers, emotions, and traumas will be a positive thing.

That's it for now.

Best,

Kev

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. I think your post made everyone's day. You're making wonderful progress and I love that you ripped up your MRI reports. When they say there is something structural, that can be caused by something emotional.

Let us know how your visit with the psychotherapist goes.