1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 Good days continuing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hedger, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

It´s been more than 5 days since last work day in the program for me, but right now that is fine.

I have had 5 days in a row now with more or less 0% pain. I still have some other minor symptoms when I´m stressed or nervous in everyday life, but it doesn't bother me right now since the improvement is so significant. I have faith in myself that these will improve.

And it´s not like my life has been any easier these days, it´s how I handle it:

- How I treat myself in my mind
    - How I sooth myself when I´m scared/nervous or similar
    - How I tell my self my emotions are completely normal part of being alive
    - How I identify more as an emotional person rather than a performing person (and now I actually get more things done!).
    - How I sense the beginning of symptom recurrence very fast and go back to emotional focus to make it go away.
    - If needed, I vent right away to another person for emotional support instead of thinking for myself several days.

The more I tell myself that my emotions (mainly rage, sadness and fear) are normal and safe, the less need of strong external expression of them I have. So there you go.

So far this week I have felt joy in every part of life: Work, cooking, child care etc.

2. Stiffbreeze

Stiffbreeze Newcomer

As someone on Day 4, this is so heartening to hear. <3

Hedger likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Indeed, @Hedger! Awesome. These are all so great - but this is the one that really caught my attention:
    Day 37! Whoo Hoo!!!! :joyful:

Hedger likes this.
  4. Hedger

Hedger Well known member