1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

God Does Not Want You In Pain Excerpts

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

1) I have known people to tell me that they can't make time to read a book. It’s not the books -- it’s their tensive thinking. Really at the beginning stages anything is probably stressful so take time to learn the finer arts of relaxation -- you have so much anxiety built thru this tensive thinking that you don’t think you can win but you will if you stay dedicated.

2) The affirmations and acceptance should calm down your nervous system in a few weeks, it’s like learning a new habit and breaking an old one. That’s all worry is, it’s a habit that we can learn to break.

3) Your muscles will be sore and hurt cause of the tensive thinking and repressions.
    consciously relax -- you do that through affirmations and acceptance-then in about a few weeks you will see your mind will get away from the intensity.

4) Frustration has to be dealt with thru acceptance and affirmations.

5) You have to get peace and acceptance going.

6) Without dedication to learn true acceptance you will always back off. See you want to heal but your defense mechanism is working fine at keeping you from learning how to be truly happy. I’m not talking about the power of positive thinking. It helps and add it to the protocol. Without positivity we wouldn’t have a chance. Learn all the factors. But true acceptance has no doubts and believes in what it accepts.

7) The main thing to start with is to understand your mechanism thinks you don’t want to do this, so you don’t. Really when you try -- the mechanism makes it hard on you and you get stressed then you stop. We have to accept that we can chose to be less tensive through good learnable teachings that we learn on purpose in spite of our own thoughts telling us not to progress.

8) If it’s hard for you to stay focused on the program and concentrate then you have to get rid of the tensive thinking through meditations, acceptance and affirmations.

9) When you mention or think of all your angers and anxieties while journaling or processing them. After you have faced them and felt the emotions through focusing. Then use affirmations of calmness. Any affirmation won’t work either; we have to use affirmations that calm the nerves. We can know everything and still miss the main key. I'd say from the start for you is to use the affirmations till they become a part of you. My main affirmations are I'm Calm, Relaxed, Patient and confident.

10) Thinking of the things that bother you is called fear thoughts and these thoughts cause tms -- if you’re doing this your contributing to the pain.

11) If your thinking psychological and you don’t want to, then you wonder why it doesn’t help. Plus you get angry when you do it. you have got to do the above stated work and practice and this time don’t stop because you don’t like it -- that’s the defense mechanisms greatest power to make you not want to do the program -- you stay course and you will win this time.

12) Now you know what to change. The tensive thinking. Use your affirmations and breathing exercises along with meditations that calm your nervous system -- like imaging floating on and in clouds will give you a calming effect.
    The above concepts will work in all situations and if your always in a rush!-there’s your problem.

Msunn, Mermaid and G.R. like this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

This is exactly what I was writing about this morning. Feeling myself in the battle between TMS insistence and wanting to heal. I see I have to bump up the "not" wanting to heal but "BELIEVE" that I am being healed. I am so grateful for this forum and other healing people and of course all your words of wisdome and experience. I don't know what I would do without you guys!! Sending big love to everyone on this journey!!:kiss:

Mermaid and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  3. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

The thing that got me through this stage was affirming "I am willing to release all resistance, I am willing to change". After a while it worked like magic for me in stopping TMS fighting back. If it isn't already one of your current affirmations you could try it too, there's nothing to lose.

Much love & blessing :joyful:

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie's excerpts from our book are great. Lots of wisdom from him in them.

Forest and Becca asked if they could post a thread about the book which will include
    our introduction and each of our first two chapters. We said sure, so they will be up soon,
    to give a better idea of what we write in the book.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you so much nowtimecoach. You have been an inspiration to me. I'm glad some of the excerpts helped you. So glad to see your smile back here.
    I want to add on what mermaid said, the affirmations - that I mention a lot. Having them become a part of you is an awesome experience. I love how you caught the Tms trying to hold you there ( in pain) While your trying to heal phrase. You picked up on something very valuable nowtimecoach.
    That's why it's so hard to heal at first. When the reconditioning phase has took place -- the resistance of the TMS will be much - much weaker allowing you to have more and more control over the pain.
    Bless You

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014