1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Goals!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by WIRM, Jan 13, 2020.

1. WIRM

WIRM New Member

I've always set goals for myself. Striving, pushing, achieving. Putting pressure on myself. Often quite extreme. I now realise this is part of my problem. This year I deliberately have set no goals. Yet the intrinsic pressure is still there. A big part of me feels uncomfortable not moving forward.

So, I'm curious. Do TMSers set goals? It seems so embedded into our western psyche that we should keep challenging ourselves. Going after our dreams etc. Do TMSers give up on their goals? Or just set easy goals?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, boy, where do I start? Welcome to the forum of mostly go-getters who stressed themselves into chronic pain! :) At least I did!

Jokes aside, if you are asking about goals to defeat your pain, in order to succeed, you need to set realistic goals. Search on this forum on outcome independence and make sure your recovery goals are realistic. And be ready, nothing is easy about healing from chronic pain. But you can do it, like many of us did. Good luck!

WIRM likes this.