1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Go to bed normal, wake and get anxiety induced insomnia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ANewJoe, Apr 21, 2020.

1. ANewJoe

ANewJoe New Member

Thank you for the encouragement. My courage fluctuates quite a lot these days. The common message I've seen is to learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable, and to live as much as though you aren't feeling held back by your pain/anxiousness. Much easier said than done, especially with sleep deprivation. This is literally the hardest thing I've ever attempted. I really do want to push into the other side of this. But I recognize the paradox I create in wanting to get better so badly.

TG957 likes this.
  2. BonnieLass

BonnieLass Peer Supporter

@TG957
    I couldn't sleep last night because of gout-- excruciating pain in my right foot, diagnosed last week. I'm going to start another thread on TMS & Gout soon. I just wanted to say that I sat up until 2 AM and read your book straight through. It was riveting (and sooo well-written!). You've given me a lot to think about-- rage, yes, however, I'm pretty good at expressing that, and I cry ALL the time, always have, more so in adulthood. But FEAR-- aye there's the rub. I have always been eaten up with fear ever since a traumatic experience at age 2. I won't occupy this thread any more at the moment... I had no idea Tina Turner did Buddhist chants! Great tip! I subscribe to Amazon music, and I have her chants playing right now on all three of my Echoes! Thank you for... well, just thank you.

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

@BonnieLass , just remember this:

"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.”
    Marie Curie

And thank you. I know you will get better.

4. TG957

@ANewJoe , isn't that exciting to attempt something that is so hard to achieve? As long as you enjoy taking on the challenge as a process, not the end goal, one day you will find your anxiety dissipate, and pain will go soon after.

5. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

TG957 What‘s the tiltle of your Book? I would like to read it!

6. TG957

7. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Thank you!