1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

glad this day is over

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JDinPhilly, Apr 3, 2018.

1. JDinPhilly

JDinPhilly New Member

Today was a bad day at work. My boss (who I am friends with) pulled a fast one and I called him out on his actions. I got a quick "I'm sorry" but by that point, I was fuming (fuming silently.. like a big scary quiet dragon).

And then the chest pain starts. I've been down this road before and when the stress goes up, the chest pain starts up. I've been scanned, EKG'd, and I even had heart surgery. I'm in close contact with my cardiologist but today I didnt react to the chest pain. Before you react to that little indiscretion, please know that I work in a hospital and I'm a registered nurse.

Tonight, the chest pain is almost gone and I'm nursing my pride. I wont be back there until next week, and I hope that things get better before then.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. Lynn S

Lynn S Peer Supporter

Oh my JDinPhilly I'm glad you have a time out. I hope you're already feeling a bit better. I don't know if you just need to vent or perhaps be interested in my two cents. Anyway, this may be an opportunity to in your own way fume loudly like the big scary dragon you are.

Lainey likes this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope things get better for you too. Days like these are great TMS teachers and in seeing them in that way a bit of the sting is taken out of them. Remember that heart issues invariably involve the dance of anger and forgiveness so it is worth musing on what you can let be, what you can let go of.

Plum x

MWsunin12 and Lainey like this.
  4. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

I hope you get better soon too. Let us know how this goes.
    Lainey

5. JDinPhilly

JDinPhilly New Member

I slept well last night (OK, I had some help with that). Today, I'm spending the day with my family and I'm feeling fine. I'd be less than honest if I said that emotionally I was OK with what happened yesterday (boss, heart etc), but such is life right? We all have disappointments and we all have triumphs. Im far more aware of these episodes now because I see them as transactions in my emotional bank. I think I made a big deposit into the "rage" account yesterday.