1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Giving up...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mindfulliving, Aug 17, 2014.

1. mindfulliving

mindfulliving Peer Supporter

Hi all my friends....i feel like giving up....i have had tms for close to a year now

Started out as prostatitis/cpps type issues...moved to anxiety...then after 3 months of being a success story....i was hit with erectile dysfunction which made me go into depression as i couldnt please my wife...2 weeks later it healed itself when it transformed into anxiety...after 4 days of dealingg wihh the anxiety i was cured of both the anxiety and the dysfuntion

For the next two months i experienced mild relapses that lasted no more than a day or two...but for the past 2 months i had been symptom free...but the fear of the symptom and the ocd thoughts about the symptom refused to leave me...

Now the symptom has hit me again along with depression...for 2 months i was fine except for i had trouble enjoying myself....i felt less interest in doing the activities i love....

now before the symptom...which is mild erectile dysfunction.....i was hit by seveeere anxiety...after the anxiety my symptom followed...i do not fear the anxiety at all...but god damn i do feat the symptom

At this point i just feel like giving up...i keep beating myself up and do not know how to stop...trying to be as mindful as possible when i do beat myself up but it doesnt seem to stop

Im having one of those times where i just feel like throwing in the towel...i really need a miracle...i just wanna live again...really wanna live again,...i keep thinking its so much easier for a woman as she doesnt need to perform like us men....im severely depressed....

I had hoped that by now i would be a success story/...unfortunately that wasnt for me....

Thank all u guys for all your support....i appreciate each and every persons words here

But today i have really given up on living and my life...i have everything in life that i thought i desired ie family finance and love.....but it seems like this suffering is never going to end

2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Hey mindful,

Sorry you are going through such a rough patch! I've experienced some periods like that, in particular, the anxiety and depression. Not sure where you are at, but when I got heavily into the journaling and exploring my dark side, sometimes I'd find myself sinking into the abyss where the whole world became a very gloomy, unhappy place. I lost my perspective and couldn't see the beautiful, joyful side of life. Believe it or not, it actually exists :)

To me it sounds like you're lost and need help putting your life into perspective. Try reaching out to friends or family, if they are available. Also, it may be time for some professional help. There appear to be some very good TMS therapists that can be contacted through this website.

Turning inward and withdrawing will only make things worse. As hard as it is, continue to reach out.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Ellen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mindful.

I aqree with Cap'n Spanky that you should contact a TMS therapist. You can do that free.

Anyone can submit their own question by using the following form: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forms/ask-a-tms-therapist.1/respond . Since the answerers are therapists, the best questions will be about psychological healing.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Mindfulliving, I URGE you to get some help. Start out like Walt suggested, asking a therapist here. It's free. You can even ask anonymously if that's easier for you. If not, I urge you to talk to someone thereā€¦if finances are an issue, see if there are some local resources that can help you. (County health agency or a sliding scale clinic.) Given the rarity of TMS counselors, you may have to talk to one who isn't familiar with it but the heaviness I hear in your post really concerns me.

Please, reach out for some help. And know that you are loved.

6. mindfulliving

mindfulliving Peer Supporter

Thank you so much my friends for all your replies..."know that you are loved"...i have been doing better...just feeling very lonely in general...ill have to explore my stresses and emotions...but most of all im just trying to live with it and im seeing more and more good moments

North Star likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Mindfulliving. I like your Wiki name.

You need some cheering up. Maybe these will help: