1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Getting worse before you get better??

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

is it normal to get worse before you get better? I have been in way more pain over the last two weeks since I started this SEP.

Today we have an old friend who we haven't seen in many years visiting. My husband was very anxious about having him come. His first visitor in almost 20 years other than family. Which made me anxious.

I did make it to my spin class ignoring the pain in my neck and back. That was a big feat considering on Wednesday I woke up unable to move. At the grocery I could feel the pain in my head, neck and back and it would move from place to place.

I kept telling myself that I can handle it. It's TMS and I said "pain pain go away" to myself over and over. Off and on all day. I guess I will have to keep doing this until my body accepts my commands.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I think your increased pain came on as TMS because of feeling your husband's anxiety about the visit from his old friend.
    You both need to give yourselves some time to recover.

And yes, it is typical in TMS healing to experience more pain when the subconscious starts to feel satisfied you are finding its emotional causes.