1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42 getting to the finish line

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JoeisOK, Jul 31, 2015.

1. JoeisOK

JoeisOK New Member

It is now a week ago since I arrived and finished Day 42 of the program. It left me with a bit of anxiety where to go next so I reviewed the TMS Recovery Program. It is amazing what you still can pick up from this program! I find every time new pointers and discover things about myself and how this have caused my TMS... The Program has helped me not only physically but also psychologically in that I know now when I am pushing myself to hard, old habits are hard to break. My condition has improved but I am still cannot sit for long on my push bike before the pain kicks. But I keep at it in the knowledge that I am on the right track! This journey is to be continued

Joe

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Joeis OK. It's great to know how you are improving after almost finishing the SEP. Yes, the TMS Recovery Program is also very helpful in
    TMS healing. For many of us, TMS knowledge can rid us of all or most our pain, but every living can bring new emotional stresses or trigger past one, so I look at it as an ongoing recovery program. TMS helps us to recognize when we are pushing ourselves too hard, still trying for perfectionism, or bullying ourselves. The main thing I learned is that my back pains were not structural, but from repressed emotions of insecurity that began when my parents divorced when I was seven. It was over financial difficulties, which strain many relationships today. I journaled to discover my parents had their own TMS... Mom had awful migraines and Dad had "lumbago," lumbar aches in the lower back. I came to understand them better and forgave them.
    That helped heal me. I still get back pain when I struggle to pay the mortgage and other bills each month, but now at least I know that the pain is psychological and practice deep breathing, positive thinking, living in the present and thinking/worrying less about tomorrow and next month.
    When all else fails, I laugh. Laughing never fails to calm me down.

Good luck, Joe. Keep posting about your progress. You're doing great!