1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Getting started

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by harperpitt, Dec 23, 2020.

1. harperpitt

harperpitt Newcomer

Hi everyone,

After having my gallbladder removed 2 months ago, I've been struggling with severe GI issues. I have lots of nausea, a loss of appetite, heartburn, occasional vomiting, and I've lost 15 pounds. I've had to take the past 3 weeks off work.

I'm seeing a GI doctor and the medicine is helping, but I still have breakthrough symptoms and I'm hoping this can help.

I'm maybe a...5/10 on accepting the diagnosis? I'm very open to it but still getting used to the idea. I worry a bit these methods are just for pain and not things like nausea and appetite loss, but the 20/20 video talked about ulcers so I'm hoping this is for everything.

I've had a lot of trauma the past couple of months: first the gallbladder was removed, then I passed a kidney stone, then I was in the hospital twice for tremors doctors thought were caused by serotonin syndrome but then told me were anxiety. After getting out of the hospital I've had 2 UTIs that needed antibiotics and I'm really sensitive to those, so that was a lot more pain and suffering.

After doing some research on my own, I was able to cure my tremors via a method remarkably similar to TMS. So I'm hopeful I can apply these concepts to my other health issues, too.

I just want to feel better. It's been a scary and sad couple of months.

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. That must have been really stressful. Sometimes it just takes time, practice, and calm. Accept where you are right now, acknowledge your feelings, and find balance whenever you can. Also reach out to the TMS coaches here for more specific help.

Oh and things like appetite loss can also happen with anxiety.