1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Gettin my butt kicked lol

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

So I made a post in the general post forum explaining how I've been in the TMS program for a month now. The first three weeks were great. I wasnt pain free but I was doing so much more. Well the pain has been back the last week pretty hard. It's kicking my ass in places it didn't even touch before(pardon my language). My back my knees here and there but mostly the same old hand fingers wrist arm elbow pain. I know this is all part of the process but I'm so bummed that I went backwards the way I did. The fatigue has been a nightmare too. So tired. Let's hope to getting back on top real soon! Ps this was to go on the sep forum but I screwed up sorry

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. All I can say is your still need to discover what emotions are causing the pain. Repressed emotions or a perfectionist/goodist personality.
    I'm sorry the pain moves around and persists, but that's what happens in TMS until you learn the emotional causes.

Don't despair or give up. Try to distract yourself with pleasant things to do or think about.

I'm getting bombarded by phone calls from creditors. Like everyone else! My solution is to disconnect my telephone! Life is not easy for any of us. We jsut keep doing what we can to get through every day. Welcome to the club! At least you know you're not alone. You're in a very big boat.

JoeB1 likes this.
  3. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

Man, I feel ya! I just created a post on almost the exact same thing!

Walt, I like what you said about distracting ourselves with pleasant thoughts. I get so focused and wrapped up in trying to figure out how to get out of this cage for good!