1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

GERD

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by harryhaller, Jul 29, 2021.

1. harryhaller

harryhaller New Member

Does anyone have a success story for treating GERD/LPR as TMS? I succeeded with chronic neck pain several years ago, so I definitely believe in the concept, but just don't know how to apply it to GERD. There is also a lack of authoritative information saying GERD is mindbody (for example Sarno only mentions it occasionally), so it is very hard to get to a high level of belief. That and the fact that GERD causes objective damage, unlike chronic pain, makes it much harder.

Kellso likes this.
  2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

GERD is totally TMS. i suffered horribly from acid reflux and poor digestion and IBS and it all went away when i did inner work~ journaling, meditating, reading about TMS, Etc… how are you doing?

3. harryhaller

harryhaller New Member

Not good...basically constant discomfort and sickly feeling, making it hard to live any kind of a life. Now it has gone on for a year. In addition, I have various other symptoms, pain in different places every day, heart palpitations, I fainted and broke my collar bone, insomnia, etc.

Somehow I wasn't sure journaling was effective - I did it when I had the neck pain, but not that much, and I didn't really think it was responsible for getting over it. That said, I am very convinced of TMS, having already recovered from a pain problem due to it. Nevertheless, the health problems continue. Started during lockdowns in late 2020.

4. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i’m sorry to hear you’re still suffering. i totally got over GERD using classic TMS techniques but it took about six months (for me) but nowadays i’ve been suffering with arm and leg nerve tingling and odd muscle weaknesses in arms and legs and for the past two months i’ve been back at it~ journaling, reading, meditating, really doing deep introspective work. i’m
    not over the symptoms but they do feel mitigated to a degree. it’s a process~ have faith!