1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

GERD/Acid Reflux/Tight Chest

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by BagelSchnitzel, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Now I have stomach pain

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It's very unfortunate and I'm really sorry about that, @BagelSchnitzel. Sadly, there's not much we can do about it in a free and open forum.

It's still an excellent success story! I hope that anyone reading this now will take a moment to read and Like your original post. It's short and sweet with valuable links, and it's yet another example of how to apply the TMS mindset to achieve success, once you make up your mind that obsessing over symptoms is not the way to get there.

dancea
    ~Jan

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    BagelSchnitzel, plum and linnyc87 like this.
  3. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

It’s constant upper gi discomfort. I told the doctor I want endoscopy to see what’s going on

4. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Peer Supporter

Hi @BagelSchnitzel it's great to read your success story. I think I might have some acid reflux symptoms and am about to start taking a PPI on a low dose. You mentioned taking away the fear of the different types of food you were eating. Could I ask, does that mean you went back to your normal diet before your symptoms went away, or was it after? Thanks

5. emporeon027

emporeon027 Peer Supporter

Hi i had in the past a really bad gastritis my stomach was full red and pain full not matter what I did. I solved drinking a lot aloe vera and lemon juice. Any how now i understand that was my first from of TMS. After i discover the TMS concepts i got IBS and after that i got acids reflux. But u see the symptoms imperative in action here right? My case was TMS. I guess that one can hurt it selft i so may ways but the body heals. If don't then u can think of it as a TMS equivalent. Or hralst at least most of the time. But TMS can occur al.ost in any form on the digestive system. Hope this helps c:

6. bent98

bent98 New Member

For the record. I had LPR reflux and its hard to control. I had to go see Jaime Koufman as other doctors could not figure it out. She uncovered that I had dysmotility where by my UES would close faster the it should as well as a my right vocal fold was paralyzed. A typical cause from post vagal viral neuropathy I got reflux under control and took lyrica. I was good for 10 years.

https://jamiekoufman.com/what-is-lpr-what-is-the-pharynx/ (What Is the Pharynx and What Is LPR?)

I am dealing with a situation where I have reflux issues that cant be treated even with the strongest PPI (Dexilant) I am working with a therapist to try to uncover trapped emotions although I havent gotten relief I need. I am happy to hear the OP has gotten her symptoms under cntrl.