1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Gardening

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Looking forward, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Looking forward

Looking forward Newcomer

Following instructions as closely as I can. The direction today is noting the last exercise taken. I garden and two days ago ( I think ) was in the garden watering my 2 plots. I have a 'light hose' just purchased. It eases my mind to water with it. However, I did not use it at the end of my stay....too many people asking me to do this do that. I guess I stopped being mindful. It was peaceful until then....being quiet and alone. I have enough self demands. When others lean on me even the sound of their voice is nerve wracking I'm sorry to say. But it's a community garden, so...I have to find a way to be there. The result, as one can guess, was pain in my calf that lasted the rest of the day. I iced and was quiet and alone. It is a haven for me and I love gardening.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Looking Forward. It's a shame that other gardeners were so troublesome, and I can appreciate that it would bother you and cause pain. People can be very self-absorbed like those gardeners wanting your watering hose.

I used to go to a community garden and found that fewer people were there early in the morning. Most gardeners came around lunchtime or after work.

If you can, try going early. Or late, even after most others are gone. Gardening is a wonderful way to relax. Maybe walk or drive by the community garden and if you see more than a few people there, come back later. Two plots can be a lot. Maybe consider tending only one next year.

Too many people lean on us. We need to get away from those kind of people. They never stop wanting from us.

I love, like the old Simon and Garfunkle song says, "The Sound of Silence."

3. Looking forward

Looking forward Newcomer

4. Looking forward

Looking forward Newcomer

Thank you Beloved Grand Eagle. Good Suggestions.