1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Gabor Mate and Steve Ozanich Reading Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

The drop-in chat we had last week was, in my opinion, one of the best we have ever had! It was terrific to have Dr. Alexander drop by, and I loved our discussion of When the Body Says No and The Great Pain Deception. I wanted to remind the people who were there, and those of you who weren’t, that we will be continuing our discussion of these two books Saturday a little before the drop-in chat begins. We will be discussing chapters 1 & 2 of When the Body Says No and chapter 8 of The Great Pain Deception.

Some of you may have seen the amazing video with Gabor Mate (the author of WBSN) in the thread: Gabor Mate on the Stress-Disease Connection. There are so many interesting connections between his work and that of Dr. Sarno’s. I have really enjoyed reading his book.

There has also been a change to when the reading group (not the drop-in chat) will begin. The TMS reading Group will go from 2:30-3:00 PM Eastern Sarno Time on Saturday. As we discussed last Saturday, we will be holding these discussions on our Web-Conferencing line, Fuze. Feel free to stop by for this discussion whether you have read the book or not.

To join the reading group from your computer or mobile device, click or copy and paste this URL into your browser:
    https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/48fb7aa8/18289715

To join the audio portion of this meeting, choose your dial in method:
    Dial-in Number: +16465837415

When prompted enter the pin number:
    Attendee Pin Number: 21558901

If you have troubles connecting go to the chat room (www.tmswiki.org/chat) and ask for help. I will be in the chat room to help provide any technical assistance I can.

The regular drop in chat will still begin at 3 pm on Saturday and be held in our chat room,so for those who are not interested in discussing these readings, we still encourage you to come by the chat room at three. The chat room is located at www.tmswiki.org/chat. Hope to see you all there!

Jilly likes this.
  2. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

The TMS reading Group will go from 2:30-3:00 PM Eastern Sarno Time on Saturday.

LOL ! SARNO TIME ! Was that a Freudian slip !

Forest likes this.
  3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry I didn't drop in to the chat about Mate and Steve O. Didn't see your post here until today [Sunday]. Day late and a dollar short! Hope to make up for my absence next week, Forest.

Forest and Jilly like this.
  4. Forest

No Worries, we will be continuing our discussion of these two books next week on Saturday January 19th starting at 2:30 Eastern Sarno Time (Jilly: That's got a ring to it doesn't it :D ).

This week we will be going over Ch. 9 of the Great Pain Deception and Ch. 3 of When the Body Says No. Of course we can still discuss anything from early chapters as well so if you haven't read that far come any ways. We would love to hear your thoughts about what you have read.

To join the discussion from your computer or mobile device, click or copy and paste this URL into your browser:
    https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/48fb7aa8/18311499

To join the audio portion of the discussion, choose your dial in method:
    Dial-in Number: +16465837415

When prompted enter the pin number:
    Attendee Pin Number: 21558901

And if you have any technical difficulties let us know in the chat room at www.tmswiki.org/chat .

Jilly likes this.
  5. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I will be moving from North Carolina to Florida next week end and will be off the Wiki till I get internet !
    Have a good book club meeting and definitely some good "Sarno Time " :cool:

6. Forest

Well, we'll me miss you! I'm definitely glad to hear that MorComm will be with us, though. He's had a lot to add when we've done this before.

Jilly likes this.
  7. Forest

Jilly likes this.