1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Further proof TMS/RSI pain is created by your mind

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by 12padams, May 7, 2013.

1. 12padams

12padams New Member

Back in early 2011 I got RSI a month or two after learning about it but recovered from it soon after discovering TMS in Late 2012. I supposedly got RSI because I spent too much time on the computer (approx. 5 hours per day). Anyway I found my own way to recover from TMS which you may see in the youtube video later in this post.

Anyway I currently have a youtube channel with just over 8,000 subscribers called "OSFirstTimer". 4-5 Days ago I made and uploaded a video about the history of my life and of the OSFirstTimer Channel. In the video I briefly spoke about RSI and TMS however it wasn't the focus of the video at all. I received quite a few comments however about RSI...

Here are some of them:

Matthew Mattson
    "Ever since I watched this 2 days ago I've started to feel pain in my hands when typing or clicking mouse."

TheFarTrek
    "I started feeling pain when you described it(RSI), and when you explained the mind thingy (TMS), it went away."

Curtis Coburn
    "After watching this video, and typing a little, I started to feel a little pain in my left thumb. Thanks for giving me RSI"

Micheal D.Weller
    "Oh no, you've told me about RSI. I'm feeling some pains in my fingers."

Anyway it's interesting that people have started experiencing symtoms of RSI/TMS after watching the video. For those interested here are the times in the video I talk about RSI/TMS and how I recovered:
    20:54 - 21:37 Talked about RSI
    29:45 - 37:22 Talked about TMS

Watch the video here if you want but only watch the parts specified above:

I probably didn't explain TMS perfectly in this video but it certainly sparked some interest among viewers. Anyway what do you think about people experiencing symptoms of RSI/TMS after watching this video. Why is it that some people got pain after watching this while others didn't?

Forest likes this.
  2. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

A lot of pains and mental conditions are "contagious". Look up "Folie à deux" and "Dancing mania" on Wikipedia, it's really, really freaky. Aside from the risks of creating an obsessive cycle of worries and checking, this is why you must NEVER EVER look up your symptoms on Google.

Forest likes this.