1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Further journey... Advice please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by silentflutes, Jul 28, 2015.

1. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

Read sarno's and ozniach book. Understood the idea. Tore and threw away all medical check up paper. They were all about gastric tonsil heach ach and list goes on of tms.

I dont have any serious health issuue. But i get headache and my throat starts jamming then i realize i am nervous and worrying. I also have tightness in neck area.

I see negative in every thing event. That keeps on that hatred thoughts to everything in my mind. How to change outlook in life. If i change way i think i know i can have good health. I am not finding way to go towards positive !!

2. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Dear Silent Flutes,

I understand how easy it is to see life through "dark- colored glasses" when you are in pain. I wonder if you've ever been introduced to "The Work" by Byron Katie. Her approach is detailed on her Web site, http://thework.com/do-work, and the Web site includes PDF files to down load and videos to explain her approach. As she describes her approach: "The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question the thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting you, and to address the cause of your problems with clarity."

Another way that I challenge my own negative thoughts is to make lists - I draw a line down a center of a piece of paper and write all my negative thoughts and experiences on the left. Then I challenge myself to find a matching positive thought next to it on the right side of the paper, next to the specific negative it matches. This challenges me to take negatives and think of the positive aspect. Sometimes my vision is so restricted that I get stuck trying to find positives. A technique I use when I feel stuck is to ask a trusted friend or my husband to brainstorm with me to help me generate the matching positives. (Fortunately, I have a wonderfully supportive husband who is willing support me, be a sounding board, and help me brainstorm!) Once I get the positives down on paper, it's much easier for me to get my mind to return to the positives (instead of defaulting to the negatives).

I hope this helps! Please keep us posted on your progress!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, silent flutes. Sunny is right. Byron Katie's book is great, rich in positive techniques.

Worrying gives me neck pain, too, so I practice deep breathing, think positive, and laugh as much and as often as I can.

I also like the idea of making lists of things that trouble me. Then I check off the ones I can't do anything about,
    and figure the others I will try to handle as best I can. I won't pressure myself into checking those off right away.

silentflutes and Lizzy like this.
  4. silentflutes

Thanks! M gonna do it and post my update.
    But i do alot of stuffs you know this that from various self help people. I do for few days then i feel whatever!!! Hatred pain selfishness is at core of life.

And i found myself in ozniach's book!!! Every page. And i feel yeah thats how i am. Made to live with dark energies!!!

5. silentflutes

M gonna do it but consistency is issue. After some days i feel bore. I feel as if at core life is all about pain hatred!!!

6. silentflutes

I realized that i was proud of my memory. The capability to remember. Lately i realized i do remember hurtful event to precize level. Every detail. Yet i dont remember much of happy moment. Now, i dont feel and remember i ever had happy moment.

I found myself in ozniach's book!

That just begin. That hatred pain and anger part. And i am never satisfied of anything. My family parents friends college. Nothing. I always have argument and something to improve.

Cycle goes on and on. I am fed up! Guys, i dont find amything satisfactory. And i get pain as i remeber the hurtful childhood moment when i didnt got stuffs i wanted. Fear pain hatred to everything comes from deep inside. Rage is like swirling pheonix from ashes!