1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrating Sexual Dysfunction

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jcrunkilton, Jun 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jcrunkilton

jcrunkilton Newcomer

All,

I am a 26 year old man who from the age of 18 has had massive TMS. I was told at that age I had herniated discs and that it would be that way for the rest of my life. It took a big toll on me. This year I discovered Dr. Sarno. I read his Healing Back Pain twice and have been pain free ever since.

Now I have another problem. About 50% of the time it comes time to perform in the bedroom, someone just doesn't feel like cooperating. It's like the second we start initiating, I get overwhelming anxiety that I need to perform. That I need to be good, that it needs to work. Obviously this makes it impossible and I just leave, incredibly angry.

I have a big hunch that this is not physical. It seems to stem from my same subconscious that gave me the back pain. It does say that it always manifests in the way that would most hurt.

I'm extremely frustrated and have no one to turn to. Does anyone have experience with this? Can anyone help?

2. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

I have had almost the same experience as you except I'm 23. My back pain "sciatica" started at 18 and came on and off until it became more long-term. And, the sexual dysfunction has also been my recent experience. Fortunately, I started seeing a TMS doctor a few months ago and he says -- in my case -- that experience is purely the non-conscious mind. I would say, see a doctor to rule out any physical issues to that experience and take it from there? Tough experience but we can make it out!

3. jcrunkilton

jcrunkilton Newcomer

Where did you find a TMS doctor?

4. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

On this website. There's a link under the Resources header to find TMS doctors/therapists it's called "Directory of TMS Practicioners". I think many of them do tele-visits.