1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Frustrated

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MKMissy, Aug 11, 2016.

1. MKMissy

MKMissy New Member

Is it just me? I've been getting on fine with the program, although I'm finding it very difficult to write much at all about early experiences. I also couldn't get to grips with the meditation, but I've just found a post with a video clip for RR meditation, which I'll try. However, I stumbled across this when trying to find Peghanson's profile page, as the links in the day 8 page don't work. I know you're updating it, so maybe this is why. I can't find these pages anyway, so I'm a bit stymied (is that the right spelling?!). I think I'll have a break from it now.

I did have some questions about the diagnosis, but not sure who I need to ask. I've read Healing Back Pain by John Sarno, and I'd say I'm the right personality for TMS. The only thing is, he talks about lower back pain, whereas I've suffered with chronic thoracic back ache/pain for 30 years. Then, to add to this, I developed a different, more specific pain, again between the shoulder blades, 3 years ago and have since had an MRI where they identified a bulging disc in that area. But from everything that's been said, nothing structural can possibly be causing a pain or ache to last 3 years let alone 30. It would be great if someone who has had TMS affecting their mid back could confirm it was definitely TMS for them. Thanks.

2. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Hi MKMissy. I am also on day 8. I couldn´t see Peghanson's on my phone, but it worked on my computer.

3. MKMissy

MKMissy New Member

Ah, thanks for that. I'm doing the course on my tablet, but I'll open it on my laptop and see if that works :) Thanks again!

4. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

Hi MKMissy,

I, too, have tremendous pain in my thoracic area (along with hip and low back). I had an "incident" one morning where I was drying my face after washing it, looked up sharply, then heard a loud grinding/crunchy noise. The pain that ensued was so awful it landed me in the ER. They, of course, didn't take me seriously. After x-raying my neck (yep, my neck…even though I told them it wasn't where I felt the crunch) they sent me home with the usual muscle relaxers, pain pills and told to take it easy for a bit :mad:…it got to the point several weeks later that the pain was manageable, but it is still gnawingly there. Then more pain began, this time located around the area of my bra strap. It aches so badly to move, to lie down, to wear a bra, or to breathe deeply. The ache is so profuse I feel it in my abdomen and around my ribs. Because this is a new symptom, I'm going to have it checked out by my GP, but until told otherwise, I will treat it as TMS.

I've read numerous places that yes, TMS can exist in the thoracic spine, but it tends to not be as prevalent as lower back or neck pain. I wish I had some answers for you, but I wanted to let you know that you aren't suffering thoracic issues alone. :)

Emily

5. MKMissy

MKMissy New Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to reassure me, Emily. Poor you - my pain isn't at all acute, I've just had to live with it for so many years. Hopefully we'll both manage to shift the pain in the next few months. That would really be a miracle for me! Bless you. Sally