1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Friends with TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Linden, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Linden

Linden New Member

Hi all, my own TMS journey is going unbelievably well - a few setbacks when my brain kicks back at me, but when that happens I know I'll have a major breakthrough next day - just like the books say!

This isn't about me though. I have three good friends who all very clearly have TMS but only one of them is taking it on board at all. One says she's in "too much pain to look at it". This breaks my heart. Now my question is, when you get this kind of reaction, how do you keep your mouth shut when your friend is clearly in agony? I can't possibly keep saying to her that she should try TMS treatment - at least read the books - when she doesn't want to as she doesn't believe it will work for her. I have been close friends with her for many years, since before her botched back operation which has left her paralysed from the waist down and it breaks my heart how much pain she lives in daily. I'm not sure how to behave now when I visit her - there's an elephant in the room now as I can't badger her about it.

This treatment is so amazing I want to share it with the world, but even my closest friends won't look at it! This must have happened to many people on here so how do you deal with it please?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

All of us cured people have gone through that epiphany phase. Since 99%+ of pain IS some form of TMS we would be "holding a fork in a world of soup" if we tried to help them all.

We who have been saved might be analogous to the "Many are called but few are chosen" from the bible.

The Human soul can endure horrendous amounts of pain... therefore I can only speculate that they are not in enough pain yet OR their mind and ego is so watertight they can't think outside of the box.

" Cast not your pearls before swine.... they'll trample the pearls and turn and attack YOU."... Not saying your friends are swine but the deeper truth is spot on

over two decades I have learned to share it privately and only with people who are receptive from the gate.

I WISH I could save everybody, but then again, that's why I have TMS (LOL)

Usually Young people are more receptive than older geezers who know everything. The youngsters also notice that EVERY old person has some perma-gripe and NONE of them get better. Personal empirical experience will beat rational materialism every time...that's why WE got better.

Ultimately you can only offer it up. If you want to save your relationship with them, hold your peace and be a good example...they might need you there when their despair hits a critical threshold.

Hang in there!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019