1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Friends…

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by plum, Mar 22, 2022.

1. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Plum,

I just saw this. I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious mother. My mother passed 10 years ago, I think about her every day. I've found solace in surrounding myself with small items that belonged to her. Candles, pillows, vases, etc.. Many of these items we shopped for together, so looking at them ignites sweet memories of those fun shopping trips. Almost every day, I wear a piece of her jewelry. This too, reminds me that she lives on in my heart and memories until we see each other again. You've been so supportive and loving to those of us on the forum. I am touched you reached out to us for comfort. Blessings to you and your family.

plum likes this.
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Giving you a firm, minute-long virtual hug. I can only imagine how it must feel, but I do know hugs help.
    take care Plum
    Giga

plum likes this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Beloved Cariad, I was so profoundly touched by these words that I shared them with the wonderful Celebrant who led my mum’s funeral service, and in turn she used them on that day. She turned and gently smiled at me as she spoke them and even now tears are welling as I recall that moment. It was very beautiful. From the vast wellspring of my open heart to yours I thank you for this. ❤️

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Bless you Hattie. Your words evoke similar sweet memories. My mum and I used to shop together and share similar passions and interests. I have inherited her precious books, crystals, jewellery, candles and photos. And like you, I wear her jewellery. Her rings I wear always and her collection of delicate beads that I remember her wearing when we were little are a staple on days when I’m not wearing my favourite moonstone.

It’s only been a handful of months since she passed and I cannot imagine this softly turning into years. Your 10 years seems like an entire lifetime from where I find myself now but you have given me comfort in the solace we must find. Thank you for that. x

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you my sweet friend. I hope life is treating you kindly. With my love x

6. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

So sorry to hear of your loss, Plum. Losing a mother is a tough one, especially if you were close. You can still hold her in your heart. That's what I try to do.

Condolences to you and your family.