1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently sick - a TMS symptom?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AnitaV, Mar 13, 2015.

1. AnitaV

AnitaV Well known member

Hi everyone,

Last year I recovered from years of chronic pain thanks to the work of Dr. Sarno (my success story is up here http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/thread...n-plantar-fasciitis-wrist-pain-eye-pain.5224/). I have not had any pain symptoms in a long time. However, since October of last year, I have been very frequently sick. Twice already this year I was very sick, for a long period of time. I normally get sick quite rarely, and last winter I did not get sick at all. I moved last summer from New York to Colorado, so maybe part of this is me adjusting to the new climate and altitude. I am wondering though if this could be a new TMS symptom. I just don't understand why I am getting sick so often. Has anyone experienced frequent illness as a TMS equivalent?

Thanks,
    Anita

2. cishealing

cishealing Peer Supporter

Yes, I'm experiencing this now. After making huge progress with leg/butt/foot pain over the last four months and feeling much better, its been one new thing after another. Acid reflux, flu with a bronchitis chaser and a UTI. All of these are TMS in my view. My struggle is to figure out how to stop TMS altogether.

Interestingly, in the year that I suffered alot from sciatic type pain, I wasn't otherwise sick at all.

3. AnitaV

AnitaV Well known member

Yes, in my 2 world years of pain prior to discovering Sarno, I didn't get sick at all! This really must be TMS. I have to think more about how to approach it mentally.

4. AnitaV

AnitaV Well known member

I also had bronchitis and something flu-like this winter, and am continuing to have little things on and off.

5. AnitaV

AnitaV Well known member

I forced myself to sit down and think about what is bothering me today, and sure enough, there are unpleasant emotions bubbling under the surface. I've been avoiding thinking about them for some time now. To stop TMS altogether, we need to allow ourselves to fully experience our emotions. When we block them, we get TMS symptoms.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Anita. You have a perfect understanding of TMS. Symptoms are very likely moving around because you
    need to spend more time discovering your repressed emotions. It will come. Just stick with the SEP.

This has been a rough winter for most of us, affecting our health. TMS can affect our health, we know,
    and cold, snow, etc., can make us feel down or sick. Think you are well and you will be. Not easy to do,
    but we're all working on that.