Frequent urination.

TrustIt

Well known member
So I am working on several things right now. And rereading Steve Ozanich's book, "The Great Pain Deception," I am seeing more and more. I have body aches and digestive issues that swap with each other and move around. Hmmmm? I know, I know! That said, I have a question for anyone who has conquered problems with urine urgency and occasional leaking. Anyone experienced this as TMS?
 
I experienced those symptoms before, over a period of maybe half a year. It felt serious enough that I got checked out by a GP who then sent me to a urologist. Both confirmed they could see nothing wrong.

A curious diagnosis, because to me, this problem felt very wrong. (This was long before I discovered TMS, by the way.) Negative for STDs as well. Eventually it disappeared. Why? Something else more frightening came to take its place, I think. And somehow I just stopped caring about that problem, as horrible as it occasionally seemed. I just stopped caring about it.

In my understanding, urinary/bladder issues are textbook TMS because they're so easily triggered. Want to know the only other time I have a sense that I need to pee every 15 minutes? In the hour preceding a performance or public speaking event. I'm nervous, that's all. Nothing more than that. Some people get an upset stomach before a show (i.e. "butterflies"); this overactive-bladder thing is the way my body speaks nervousness. This isn't a complicated or controversial view of how the mind-body system works, and most people would agree with this relationship of cause and effect. It doesn't have to be much more complex than that.

To sum up, yes, I've experienced what you're describing as TMS, and yes, it is no longer a problem for me. I'd recommend you find a way to just stop fucking caring about it. Let yourself be distracted from this distraction. Hopefully that is all that it will take :)
 
I experienced those symptoms before, over a period of maybe half a year. It felt serious enough that I got checked out by a GP who then sent me to a urologist. Both confirmed they could see nothing wrong.

A curious diagnosis, because to me, this problem felt very wrong. (This was long before I discovered TMS, by the way.) Negative for STDs as well. Eventually it disappeared. Why? Something else more frightening came to take its place, I think. And somehow I just stopped caring about that problem, as horrible as it occasionally seemed. I just stopped caring about it.

In my understanding, urinary/bladder issues are textbook TMS because they're so easily triggered. Want to know the only other time I have a sense that I need to pee every 15 minutes? In the hour preceding a performance or public speaking event. I'm nervous, that's all. Nothing more than that. Some people get an upset stomach before a show (i.e. "butterflies"); this overactive-bladder thing is the way my body speaks nervousness. This isn't a complicated or controversial view of how the mind-body system works, and most people would agree with this relationship of cause and effect. It doesn't have to be much more complex than that.

To sum up, yes, I've experienced what you're describing as TMS, and yes, it is no longer a problem for me. I'd recommend you find a way to just stop fucking caring about it. Let yourself be distracted from this distraction. Hopefully that is all that it will take :)


Thank you anacoluthon33. It's very helpful to know this. I have experienced so many things coming and going.
 
Ik heb die symptomen al eerder gehad, gedurende een periode van ongeveer een half jaar. Het voelde ernstig genoeg aan om me te laten onderzoeken door mijn huisarts, die me vervolgens doorverwees naar een uroloog. Beiden bevestigden dat ze niets afwijkends konden vinden.

Een merkwaardige diagnose, want voor mij voelde dit probleem heel vreemd aan. (Dit was trouwens lang voordat ik TMS ontdekte.) Ook negatief getest op SOA's. Uiteindelijk verdween het. Waarom? Iets anders, iets veel angstaanjagenders, kwam ervoor in de plaats, denk ik. En op de een of andere manier ben ik er gewoon mee gestopt me druk te maken over dat probleem, hoe vreselijk het soms ook leek. Ik maakte me er gewoon niet meer druk om.

Naar mijn idee zijn problemen met de urinewegen/blaas typisch voor TMS, omdat ze zo gemakkelijk getriggerd worden. Wil je weten wanneer ik nog eens het gevoel heb dat ik elke 15 minuten moet plassen? In het uur voorafgaand aan een optreden of een presentatie. Ik ben nerveus, meer niet. Sommige mensen krijgen last van maagklachten voor een optreden (bijvoorbeeld "vlinders in de buik"); die overactieve blaas is de manier waarop mijn lichaam nervositeit uitdrukt. Dit is geen ingewikkelde of controversiële kijk op hoe het lichaam en de geest werken, en de meeste mensen zullen het eens zijn met dit verband van oorzaak en gevolg. Het hoeft niet veel complexer te zijn dan dat.

Samenvattend: ja, ik heb ervaren wat jij beschrijft als TMS, en ja, het is voor mij geen probleem meer. Ik raad je aan om er gewoon mee te stoppen je er druk over te maken. Laat je afleiden door deze afleiding. Hopelijk is dat alles wat nodig is.:)
And how did you do this in the night? I don’t can’t sleep with the non stop urge to pee.
 
And how did you do this in the night? I don’t can’t sleep with the non stop urge to pee.
I cant read the German post, but what works for me is a simple fix. Right before bed, put a pinch of salt on your tongue and drink about a quarter cup of really warm water. I don't wake up to pee anymore.
Also I know that if this has been happening for a while, your mind gets into the habit of creating the need to pee when your body really doesn't need to. Does having to pee wake you up? Or when you wake up, you have to pee.
If frequency is also there during the day as well, experiment is that when the signal comes, try to put it off for about 10 minutes and you may find you forget about it. This can certainly be a health issue, but it can also just be a trick of the mind which is everything we talk about here.
 
Ik kan het Duitse bericht niet lezen, maar wat voor mij werkt is een simpele oplossing. Vlak voor het slapengaan doe je een snufje zout op je tong en drink je ongeveer een kwart kopje heel warm water. Ik word 's nachts niet meer wakker om te plassen.
Ik weet ook dat als dit al een tijdje aan de gang is, je hersenen eraan gewend raken om de behoefte te creëren om te plassen, terwijl je lichaam die behoefte eigenlijk niet heeft. Word je wakker van de drang om te plassen? Of moet je plassen als je wakker wordt?
Als de frequentie ook overdag aanwezig is, probeer dan het signaal ongeveer 10 minuten uit te stellen. Je zult merken dat je het dan vergeet. Dit kan zeker een gezondheidsprobleem zijn, maar het kan ook gewoon een trucje van de geest zijn, en dat is precies waar het hier om draait.
I’m not German hihi I’m Dutch but I talk in Englisch Here. Yes also at the day I have this. It was gone. And also vaginal burning. I also think it’s my mind. And this is TMS, but it’s so hard to believe that you’re brain this can do. 😢
 
Back
Top