1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Frequency of symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tgirl, Jan 26, 2016.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Most people on this board seem to talk about their symptoms coming and going through out the day or week. If a person's symptoms (mine) are quite constant during the day, with a slight improvement at some points, and almost totally better while in bed sleeping or even just reading does this fit the TMS criteria? Also, exercise makes me feel significantly better. I think about it all the time.

Again, I have exhausted the medical route. I feel like such a whiner, but thanks for any replies. I guess you can see I am not dealing with this well. I know that I have to believe in TMS 100% and there is that little nagging feeling of 'what if the doctors missed something' .

2. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

So Tgirl what I'm hearing you say is when you're relaxed as in sleeping, reading and yes exercise is a form of release/ relaxation for your body your pain is relaxed too! That's great. What it also says to me is there are times during your day you may have more anxiety. Is it your job? I would look at my day time activities and see what may be causing anxiety/fear/ stress. And apparently as long as there is doubt TMS will be there.

Warmly, Susan

Forest and tgirl like this.
  3. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thank you Susan. I know I have to deal with my doubt and my doubt is due to the health anxiety I experience over my symptoms. This anxiety is certainly counter productive.

Forest likes this.
  4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Been there Tgirl I have actually calmed that down to go along with my fear...i talked to my pain and I ask it to be good ,while I work walk or whatever and if it listens I award it with a treat ....whatever u think a little kid would want i.e. Ice cream chocolate u get the idea and when it's bad I increase my physical activity to show it who boss but sometime like any screaming child it does not listen and I just ignore it.

Susan1111 and tgirl like this.
  5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I love your attitude Marco. I think I was more like you in the summer. Not sure what happened, I kind of flipped out a bit. I know that stressing does absolutely no good. As my friend said' if he thought worrying did him any good he'd do it, but it doesn't'.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Worry is a waste of time and energy worry just brings more worry....if something is troublesome acknowledge that it is and if u can do something about then do it if not let it go...

I suffered severe health anxiety for many years but after all the testing I let that go. My pain is with me everyday and what that tells me I am still not feeling or expressing my emotions properly and I know that. I don't go digging for what is bothering me anymore ...I just know the reason for my tms is anger and I don't go looking for what the reason for the anger . I will never know or care to.
    I live my life as happy as I can everyday no matter what. I know it's difficult to deal with pain 24/7 mine is not debilitating but it can be painful at times.

Set some goals for yourself even weekly ones show your SC who's boss. And when you done that a few times set monthly goals and achieve those ...basic stuff like i am going to wash my car goto library take a yoga class things like that then set the bar higher and higher as you go. This will distract your pain. I hope this helped

Marco

7. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Marco.

Debbie