1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Free writing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Greetings!

First, I really enjoyed Dr. Schubiner's video for Day 6, watching it again after completing the other activities.

Second, I found it interesting that, again, although I began with a topic in my early events list, and was surprised by which one I chose, I soon found myself writing about the present. The patterns and triggers were clear, and point clearly to the need and solutions for breaking them.

Thank you, and peace be with you.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Irene, I too found that events in the present can trigger repressed emotions from the past.
    When close friends divorced it triggered emotions from when I was 7 and my parents divorced.
    I felt a similar sense of disconnect and even abandonment because I had become like part of
    my friends' family. I didn't make the connection between the past and present divorces until
    I began journaling about my TMS. It helped lead me to be at peace with it all and that
    helped heal my back pain. So we keep living and learning, even me, at 84 now.