1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Free Meditation program

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stella, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

For people wanting to start meditation Deepak and Oprah are offering a free 21 day 10 minutes each day mediation program to start August 5. Sign up and you will get an email every day with a link to listen at the time of your choosing. This is how I got started meditating which has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Check it out.

https://chopracentermeditation.com/home

2. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Thank you Stella. I practice mindfulness meditation.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Stella I've practiced meditation for a long time- its something I look forward to everyday, its a relaxing thought
    I don't know where id be without it- it seems all the body tension and those running thoughts are obsolete when I do meditation
    I meditate a lot on outcomes and it seemed as if by magic the outcomes would turn in my favor
    Anyhow back to your subject and Deepak Chopra, I have a book by Chopra called Ageless body -Timeless mind ,
    I loved the sentence on page 74 or close to their how when we stopped thinking about time, we stopped aging
    after a while I started listening to Eckhart Tolle and he too said the same thing- it was an awesome awareness of living in the now
    and after 39 years of living in the past and future I finally learned how to know the power of the present
    a beautiful , wholesome , fulfilling experience- I had the chance last Oct or November to be a part of the 21 day experience
    I just seemed to let it pass me by with all the studies I was already doing-
    Could you tell me maybe an instance on how its helped you in your quest for knowledge
    id be thankful.....
    thank you so much

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Stella, for the free resource on meditation. I signed up!

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

I did the 21 day meditation last time they ran it and thought it was good.

6. Stella

Stella Well known member

My mind spins forward planning, preparing, practicing, evaluating, reviewing then it spins backward replaying, critiquing, beating me up, evaluating, questioning, only if I had just done this or just done that. Nothing is ever perfect or right or good enough.

Meditation helps me to slow down all this exhausting processing inside of my head. I put my hand on my chest telling myself "you deserve to be loved. I am here for you now."
    I say to myself "I sleep deeply or I sleep soundly". I practice short affirmations as a mantra.

And I love the deep belly breathing relaxing my body and reducing any tightness I may feel.

eric watson likes this.
  7. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

Thanks Stella - I signed up last night. Forest has posted a video of a BBC programme that I think you will enjoy watching. It has further encouraged me to meditate. I have always found it hard to do and was never really convinced that it was helping. Reading of others on this site together with the evidence of this programme has spurred me on. I think it is really going to help me.

eric watson likes this.
  8. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This is beautiful music for meditation.