1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Free drawing for Georgie Oldfield, MCSP's new TMS book – just reply to enter

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that Georgie Oldfield, MCSP has donated three ebook copies of her new book, Chronic Pain: Your Key to Recovery to our nonprofit for us to give away to members of our forum!

In private correspondence, a TMS therapist wrote about the book:
    "I'm almost finished reading Georgie's book and found it to be a very easy read that holds your attention with plenty of practical advise and case studies…I am usually a slow reader but it didn't take me long to get through the book as it held my attention and flowed easily. I would highly recommend it for patients and practitioners alike."​

An Amazon.com reviewer gave the book five stars:
    "The author acknowledges her book is based on the work of Dr. John Sarno, and explains the role that emotional stress and turmoil play in chronic pain. The great thing about this book is the last chapter and the appendix where she gives very practical and easy methods to deal with emotional stress. I have had chronic migraines, etc. for almost 20 years and have found very little help in traditional medical treatments. I saw a HUGE reduction in pain right away using these methods -- thank you Georgie Oldfield!!"​

On our forum, Enrique wrote in this post that he "really likes it so far." Sienna also highly recommends the book.

We will be giving away one book every Monday for the next three weeks. The first drawing will be held Monday, July 21. When it happens, perhaps one of our musicians can supply us with a drum-roll.

To enter the drawing, just reply to this thread, saying why you would like the book. A winner will be chosen randomly.

This thread is for entries into the drawing only. Reviews should go in the following thread:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/new-book-chronic-pain-your-key-to-recovery.4794/

(Don't worry – if you put your reply in the wrong place, a moderator will be happy to move it for you.)

Thank you, Georgie, for writing your book and for sharing it with us!

Update: This drawing is now closed. Congratulations to @Msunn, @Hiawatha922, and @Pandagirl , the three winners!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

Am I the first? I've been to her website and was impressed with her style. I would like to have a copy of her book.
    Thank you for the opportunity to 'win' one.
    Judy

Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is Awesome, I would love to win Georgie Oldfields Book. I have been a fan of Sirpa and all of her wisdom for over two years now. If I can get more wisdom then I want it, you can never learn enough is my way of thinking and each individual tms book has its own unique style of wisdom. This is a great thread forest, and thank you Georgie Oldfield.

Forest likes this.
  4. tarala

tarala Well known member

I just bought the ebook last week, but haven't gotten to it yet. It sounds great.

5. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Would love to win! :)

6. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

I'm in! Would love to read the book

7. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Count me in,the more information I get the better.

8. Mala

Mala Well known member

Would love to read her take on tms as a physiotherapist. Pls count me in the draw too please.

Mala

9. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

All of the interest in the book prompted me to buy it. I read most of it in the last 24 hours. It is excellent. Fortunate are the patients who have had the opportunity to work with Ms. Oldfield.

10. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

I remember reading on the Forum a posting from a member who mentioned how valuable Georgie's words were in their healing process. I would love to read the book.

Sienna and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  11. Forest

Congratulations to @Msunn, the first winner of this drawing!

There will be two more drawings after this one. The next drawing will be on Monday, July 28. Everyone who has already responded to this thread will automatically be entered into the next two drawings, so there is no need to reply again. However, if you haven't entered yet, there is still time! Just reply to this thread.

12. Forest

Congratulations to @Hiawatha922 , the second winner of this drawing!

Next week is the third and final drawing. Everyone who has already responded will already be entered in this drawing, but if you haven't yet and would like to enter to win a free e-book of Georgie Oldfield's Chronic Pain: Your Key to Recovery, this is your chance! Simply reply to this thread to enter the drawing. I'll announce the third winner early next week.

13. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Pick me! Pick me! Or Daisy (the adorable pup to the left) will be sad. hee hee

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  14. Forest

Congratulations to @Pandagirl , the final winner of this drawing! Thank you all so much for participating. It is so great to see such enthusiasm for Georgie's book!

15. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Thank you Forest! And Georgie! Look forward to reading her book. I'm headed across the pond in a couple of months, I may have to look her up! :)