1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Free 21 Day Meditation from Oprah and Deepak

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Anne Walker, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Anne, thanks for the heads up. I've heard good things about these before, most notably from Sienna who did it and highly recommended it. I've signed up and am looking forward to it.

As a bit of a science geek myself, I'll mention that the scientific evidence for the benefits of meditation are piling up faster and faster. I think that in a decade or so, it will be commonplace for doctors to recommend meditation and for therapists to teach it (actually, my girlfriend's new therapist is teaching her).

Anne Walker likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Anne, the Chopra-Oprah medications are great. I did them once a few months ago and think I'll do them again, too.
    Very good way to start a day.

Anne Walker likes this.
  4. Anne Walker

Yes, meditation is good in so many ways! I had a teacher a long time ago that told me its not as important what kind of meditation you do, what's most important is getting your a** on the cushions. Even just a few minutes a day can make a big difference. So simple and yet so hard for many of us to get in the habit.

5. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

painbegone likes this.
  6. painbegone

painbegone New Member

Thank you aa3405. I registered and am interested to see how this will work for me as well.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I watched it a month or so ago and it's really helpful.
    Lots of good advice on meditating and other relaxation techniques that are part of
    TMS healing, even though Chopra doesn't mention TMS.
    His voice is very soothing.
    Really worth a few minutes each day, whenever you tune in.

painbegone likes this.
  8. Forest

Hi everyone,

There were two different threads about this same event, so I combined them to make it easier to follow everything.

Today is actually the first day of the meditation, and it's not too late to sign up if you want to try it out. It already has 2386 comments in the site that you get access to when you sign up, along with a 20 minute video. Oprah and Deepak can certainly make things happen!

Here's the text that they emailed to people who had signed up:

Lily Rose likes this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

So glad I read this....going over there now to register. I usually do a guided imagery meditation every day (Dr. Martin Rossman's) and think I'll set that aside and do this for now. Thank you for posting!

Forest likes this.
  10. Forest

So is anyone besides me hopelessly behind in these?:( Are other people enjoying them?

11. Anne Walker

Its only Day 5 so you are not hopelessly behind yet! They give you five days to listen to the audio before you can't access anymore so if you start on Day 1 today, you can continue for the next 21 days. I am starting on Day 3 today. Maybe if you are rushed don't read everything and go straight to the meditation. I love Deepak's voice and yesterday I noticed the Mantra echoing throughout the Day. Don't make it a chore though, just enjoy. If you only listen to part of them, that's okay. And it will come around again so there will be more opportunities in the future.

Forest likes this.
  12. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

*waves hand* Yup. I'm behind too. My issue is so stupid, it's embarrassing to admit...the site doesn't hold my password (or it's a quirk on my Mac that I can't figure out) and the site keeps booting me out after a short while. It's one of those "death by a thousand cuts" annoyances so I just take the path of least resistance and read the email they send. I wish they'd include the audio file too, that would make it just perfect.

Also, I have a lot of other stuff I need to journal through right now so I'm giving that priority even though their exercises look great too. :)

Forest likes this.