1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Four years ago today

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by HattieNC, Nov 1, 2018.

1. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Four years ago on November 1st, 2014, I woke up to searing buttock, hip, and lower back pain. Little did I know that in the coming months the pain would spread from head to toe...literally. I spent almost 3 years in agony. I continued to work because I'm the main provider in the household. Most days, I sat at my computer watching the clock until I could go home to pace the floor and cry before falling exhausted into bed. Even bed wasn't a respite because I couldn't turn over on either side without tremendous pain. Depression and defeat had overtaken me and I was losing hope. You can read the details in "My Story." Then, I found this Wiki which led me to Sarno, Ozanich, Nichole Sachs, Curable, and many others. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

I'm not completely pain free (yet). I'm a work in progress. But, I can shop, cook, play with my grandchildren, go to dinner with friends, and just returned from a wonderful trip to the beach. I have my life back. "Thank you" seems so small compared to what is in my heart. The selfless people on this Wiki have been my lifeline. I'm so very grateful to all of you.

suky, BloodMoon, stayfit65 and 6 others like this.
  2. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Hattie,

Congratulations on your steady and sure recovery from this enigma we name TMS. I too suffered from all over pains, turning in bed, walking was near impossible due to one hip radiating sciatic pain down that leg and the other hip radiating hip pain and well as leg pain, shoulders and chest aching, neck aching, arms, etc. I was coming down off of an emotionally, devastating family split, had lots of anxiety about aging (I'm years older than you), had just retired from a 'successful' career, had a sibling dying with unfinished business between us, and i was in a place I wasn't sure I wanted to be. I finally picked up Sarno's book (hiding on my bookshelf for years) and reread it, and dove headfirst into reading and practicing what I had preached years before

I am finally doing better. Am practicing NOT using a cane/walking stick, still have some residual pain in my right hip. The other pains are gone, some left overnight (a testament to the journaling and exploring of long ago traumas).

SO, I understand and appreciate your post of today, 11/1/18. It has been a long haul for me as well, but I am mending, and this is good. I am very Happy to hear your story.

Thank you for posting.
    Lainey

suky and HattieNC like this.
  3. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member