1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Forgiving myself

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scootertoe, Jun 14, 2014.

1. scootertoe

scootertoe New Member

So I am a day late with this post but doing my best to stay on track and do my daily program readings and journaling. Most importantly though is that if I do skip an activity, I forgive myself and move on. I know that what really matters is that I stick with it and that I keep using the things I've learned so far.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, scootertoe. Nice posting name.
    You have the right approach to the SE Program. Don't feel you have to go to it every day if you're busy or
    just want to take a day off. And skip an activity if you want. It seems like you've already gotten a lot out of the program,
    and I'm sure you will benefit more as you keep with it. I think it's healthy to take a day off from thinking about pain or TMS.
    Enjoy the day and try to get outside and as much sunshine and walking or other exercise as you can.

Marian likes this.
  3. scootertoe

scootertoe New Member

Thanks Walt! My posting name is a combo of the nicknames we gave our twin sons when they were born almost 28 years ago! Have used it for ever for aol etc. So anyway, I didn't journal again today or even look at Day 9 but had a GREAT weekend and was mostly pain-free! A bit rough physically to start off this morning but read my affirmations and then had the family here for a wonderful Father's Day celebration and didn't even worry about what I might feel like tomorrow, which is HUGE because typically I am in agony the day after having all ( and I mean EVERYTHING except Christmas) holiday celebrations here. Feeling so much gratitude ! The support of this group is so helpful! Back on track tomorrow with my journaling. Goodnight all !