1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Forgiveness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ryan, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

After reading the book "Forgive for Good" by Dr. Fred Luskin I wanted to highly recomend this book. It was well written and has evidence from studies that dr. Luskin did on how forgiveness is very healing for the mind and body.

It opened my eyes up to how much I was letting other people control or effect my emotions. He gives some great techniques and steps to overcome forgiving yourself and others no matter how big or little the offense was.

I believe forgiving is at the core of tms healing. When you learn to truly forgive you get a great sense of peace. You no longer have to let the hurts other have done to you control how you feel. Life is not easy and you will have people that do things to harm you but you can control how you react with practice. Hope this helps anyone out who is interested, let me know if anyone has any questions. I will leave you with this:

"Doing an injury puts you below your enemy;
    Revenging one makes you but even with him;
    Forgiving it sets you above him." (Benjamin Franklin)

Ryan