1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Forest's Summer Availability (until mid-August)

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Everyone,

It's really been wonderful to see how great our community has been doing recently. I hope that everyone is enjoying their summers and managing to keep cool.

I wanted to let you all know I will be less available over the next few weeks, until roughly mid-August, as I am teaching a new and very intensive summer course. Basically, I have to condense a full semester advanced undergraduate course into just six weeks, which means I have to prepare for and present seven and a half hours of lecture per week (and no grader! :( ). Worse, I love working on the nonprofit so much that I have put off some of the prep for the course, so now it's important to really focus on teaching.

The bottom line is that I may be around a little bit less until mid-August. I'll still definitely be around in spirit, as I know I'll be thinking about this place all the time, and will also definitely still be doing a significant amount of work to keep programs running. You just won't see as much forward progress as you might be used to, and it will be harder for me to respond to all of the personal messages. (Though in the fall, I still have great things planned that I am really excited about. More on that later, though, as we get closer.)

That being said, if you are having technical issues, please don't hesitate to contact me. If the server goes down, we definitely want to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks, all.

Best,
    Forest

2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

We'll be thinking of you…and missing you, Forest. I know whatever you do is done with excellence and a great heart to serve.

Now, go whip those kids into shape! :)

3. Forest

Awww... thanks so much, North Star! I've at least got a great group, which really helps. (There were a couple who thought that it was appropriate to talk during class, which isn't fair to the other students who are trying to concentrate. After I had a talk with them, they've been great, though. Letting them know that it could affect their grade might have helped. :) )

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, if you are half as good a teacher as you are at running the show around the tmswiki and non-profit, then those are very lucky students. Take your time and do what you need to do, but know you will be missed. Looking forward to hearing what those "great things" are in the Fall.

5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Have a great time teaching your course. May your students be as enthused about the subject matter as you are!

6. Forest

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

All the best with the course Forest.

8. bnunofield

bnunofield New Member

Hello Forest, I 'm new to the forum. Trying to navigate so I can get some help. I'm so glad I found you all. I'm TMS positive. I have struggled with stuff al my life. I sure need help. I hope we can chat soon. Regards

Seraphina likes this.
  9. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

Hey Forest,

I don't post too much at the moment but you've commented on some of my posts I think and I certainly read a lot of your content. This resource is indispensable to me and I am very grateful for you keeping it going.

As a fellow teacher just taking in the whirlwind of a new term (semester), I feel your pain (figuratively...!! haha) and hope the course goes well.

bnunofield likes this.
  10. Forest

I love it! It's great to hear from a fellow teacher. I'm happy to report that the semester went smoothly. The students weren't as strong as the last time I taught the class, but they were still good kids and despite the challenges, it was a pleasure to teach.

Thanks for your kind words about the site. So much happens on the back end to keep things running and to try to grow our audience that I don't get to the forum as much as I might like. It's such a pleasure to see the amazing people we have here and how generous people are with sharing their thoughts and support.

Welcome, @bnunofield and thanks for the kind words, @mike2014, as well!

bnunofield likes this.