1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

For those who have had head/neck tension

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Pingman, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

Still doing good with my TMS. No anxiety or panic attacks anymore, no light sensitivity either.

I do still have sore temples everyday, slightly sore eye muscles, sore neck. sore left occipital bone on the back of my head.

I have no doubt that I brought all of this on from my anxiety over my eyes from NOV/DEC/JAN. I keep telling myself that with time the muscles will repair and get better and the tension will fade.

Just curious, anyone had the same issues and what helped to relieve the tenison aside from time?

On a side note, now that my anxiety and focus off my head had decreased, my left leg pain and tingling has started to come back. Haven't had it since October. Oh well, I could care less. None of it stops me from doing anything. The tension in my head is more of an annoyance I want gone.

2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

And this is why the tension in your head has decided to linger. The other symptoms you couldn't care less about have faded because you couldn't care less about them. Try the same technique for the head tension. I know it's distracting having suffered from neck/shoulder stiffness and migraines myself. I still get the migraines although less frequently. If it all got too much I used to just pop a pill well-knowing that it wasn't a cure. However this too became another habit and I had to talk myself into ignoring these symptoms like all of the others because at the end of the day they are all part and parcel of the same thing, TMS. No different, just a different body part.

Wonderful to hear you are doing better.

3. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

This is so true and I know that, I just can't get my pinky toe off the dock. Everything else is in the boat with my TMS. It is the same old song and dance for me. The pain is simply an annoyance but its the fear of my temples and eye feeling sore forever that gets me.

4. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

The head thing was always my worst symptom. When my TMS wants to bring out the "big guns", it goes straight for my head because this is the thing that scared me the most. It's odd that since I realized this it's calmed down and kind of lost it's power. I've had one long chase with my symptoms, when it finds a new spot to hurt I just tell my brain "nice try, you're fooling nobody so quit !" Then I journal like a crazy about every thought and feeling I am experiencing, good and bad. I always end my journaling in a positive loving way too, to reinforce the change I want make. I know that's bit vague and may not be very helpful, but it's just my experience.